Individuals appear twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individuals appear twice

As a result of merging two data bases, I have a male that FTM indicates he has been married 5 times and for spouse #1 it states ‘[no spouse entered]’. However it indicates he had two children here but they are the same children for spouse #2 which is correct. If I look up either of these children, it points directly to him and spouse #2. When I produce a descendants chart for this male, it includes these two children (and their descendants) twice.
    Also if I activate Edit/Find Duplicate People these two children do not come up.
    How can I correct this?

I have moved your thread to the Family Tree Software section Bob, as this is the most appropriate place for it.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Go to the family page where the children are with the wrong spouse. Click into the Name box for one of the children (don't open the child's own full page). Go to your "People" menu and choose "Fix Relationship" and then "Detach Child". Repeat for the other child.
      You should find that the number count for spouses has automatically dropped to four.
      Five marriages seems rather a lot, have you got all the relationship statuses correct for this man?
      You can check by clicking on the marriage fact "edit" button. Under "General" you will see "Relationship". Click on the drop down menu and change "Married" to "Partners" and you will see on that couple's family page that above the date and place boxes, the word in bold type has changed from Marriage to Meeting.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks so much. I have my problem solved.

Comment

Thank you GallowayLass. It solved my problem and now this male has only four relationships like he should.

Comment

a for Galloway Lass
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Aww schucks! Thanks Julie x I had this problem years ago when merging a tree a cousin sent me with my own. Took me ages to figure it out. Glad to help others who are bamboozled by this quirk.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                Aww schucks! Thanks Julie x I had this problem years ago when merging a tree a cousin sent me with my own. Took me ages to figure it out. Glad to help others who are bamboozled by this quirk.
                that's ok GL I'm having a few issues with mine at the moment.. just not sure quite how I am going to figure it out! [merging two trees] one created with FTM 2012 the other with FTM 2017!..
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                X