Family Tree algorithm ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree algorithm ???

I made my own system for my work with finding out who, where and why my family is here ... yeah, yeah, I know there are a lot of even free software, but I made my own

I made a "Family tree" for the proband and 3 generations back and 1 forward, bu want to draw a tree for ALL my registrered persons ... maybe they do not join because I have not yet found "the missing link".

I have found a lot of sites where they talk about such "famili trees" - but start out with simple tree and never comes to what I mean a Family tree should look like - I'va only seen trees with ONE parent and we all know there should be TWO !

What are the algorithm for eveloping a family tree where you can see noth the mother and the father to the children in the tree - anuone here knows ????

Most proper Family History software allows you to produce Bow Tie type diagrams and most also allow you to do some form of Ancestor Descendant or Everyone or All relatives diagrams. I presume you have simply been looking at simple descendant diagrams with the spouse boxes combined.

Why not download and try a few of the Family History programs, most have a free trial so you can see how they do diagrams.
    Jane
    Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

As Jane says there are many Family Tree programs out there which can all produce what you want in lots of different ways. It would definitely be worth having a free trail of some of them.
      Not quite sure why you want to reinvent the wheel ........ but if that's what floats you boat, go for it. I wouldn't have a clue where to start!!LOL
      Anne

Comment

Ha, ha, Anne and Jane ... I've tried both Legacy and WinFamily and I think these systems are way too detailed for me and therefore way too messy in their user interface ... when I will write some text about a person I want to use a real text editor like MS WORD and not some simple clumpsy editor.

I already have all the "tools" invented to draw each individual item in the tree i Excel - I just need a method to find out where to place them, and there is a lot of methods out there doing this too BUT not where you have both a father AND a mother for the children ... mostly only just ONE, often called "a clan" or "a family".

... and yeah, I like challenges like making a polygon shaped wheel completely round ;-))

Comment

There used to be a program called TreeDraw, which did just that. Not sure if it still exists though. It might be worth you having a look.
          Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            There used to be a program called TreeDraw, which did just that. Not sure if it still exists though. It might be worth you having a look.
            Anne
            Thx - I'll take a look inti it

Comment

Working...
            X