HP Wireless Printer Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Wireless Printer Scanner

I cannot get it to scan get the message I am on a metered connection ?? then another one saying its not connected to the PC, yet I have used it with no problems before.

Have you updates your Windows since you last used it? Could be the drivers are out of date.

Try going into your control panel and look for devices. Look for any that have a yellow warning triangle.

Even if all looks ok, click on each one and in the drivers tab let windows go look for updated versions.

You could also go the HP website, support section and type in your model then check for the current drivers.

Comment

hi and thanks it has updated a few times this week, will try that

Comment

its actually worse now I have been fiddling,does not recognise my pc at all, really cheesed off.

Comment

sometimes I have problems with my laptop/printer not seeing one another, all I do is reboot my puter and it resumes as normal.

alternately try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. From looking on google about 'metered connections' that would indicate that you have a set amount of data per month and if you go over then you pay extra. sorry I can't be of more help.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I admit I might be talking rubbish LOL!
            Have you tried plugging the printer directly into the computer or the router?
            I had several different intermittent problems with my computer's wireless and using an ethernet cable cured it all. Granted that was easy because the router is right next to computer.
            Also my iPad often refuses to 'catch' my wifi and I have to take it right up to the router, turn the wireless on-off, then its OK for a few days.
            Wireless ....... a black art IMHO
            Anne

Comment

thats whats odd Julie I have unlimited internet? I could do that Anne, bit annoying though to have wireless which isn't, might throw it away.:(

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                I cannot get it to scan get the message I am on a metered connection ?? then another one saying its not connected to the PC, yet I have used it with no problems before.
                It could be your printer is trying to connect to a stronger wireless signal from a neighbour's router (internet).

Try taking the printer into the room where your router or modem is, better still forget about wireless they allow your comunications to be monitored and copied by others and are a security hazard. In worse cases they can be the source of viruses, trojans and allow "easy" access to your computer by hackers. be safe always use a wired connection.

Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

oh gawd Guy, thanks will use an Ethernet then.

Comment

is there a special type as none of the ones I have will go in the hole at the back ??

Comment

An ethernet cable has a chunky, squarish plug. Does your printer not have one? Maybe you could connect it to the computer with a USB cable? Hmmmm, I'm by no means an expert, hope someone can offer better advice!
                      Anne

Comment

so its the right cable then, but it will not go in the hole although it looks the same shape and size, giving up for tonight.

Comment

Working...
                        X