Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2017 Help With Report Formatting

Hello,

I'm having an issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have created a descendant genealogy report. Shared it as an rtf file to my Word programme. The FTM reports seem to be created with text boxes and I cannot seem to manipulate them at all. I have some photos and written information I would like to add in to the report under the appropriate individual. Try as I might, I cannot do it. I have tried to add more lines into an existing text box but all of that does is push the existing info down, and out of sight. I have tried to add lines between text boxes, won't happen. I've tried to remove the default formatting and just end up with a mess. My previous version of FTM had undesirable formatting but I was always able to work around it. I spent all day yesterday trying various things and now I'm just extremely frustrated. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It's a nightmare!
    Not sure if it would work, but have you tried exporting as a pdf file and then getting a "pdf to Word" convertor so that you can edit in Word.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for your reply. Ultimately, your suggestion is exactly what I had to do. Not an elegant solution, by any means, and certainly very frustrating.

Comment

Coincidentally there has been a discussion about this on one of the FamilyTreeMaker groups on Facebook.
        If you are on FB, here's the link.
        This group is for users of the Family Tree Maker software. If you have not yet purchased the Family Tree Maker (FTM) program, please review https://support.mackiev.com/431886-Whats-New-in-FTM-2019...

The only workaround that has been suggested is exporting the report as a pdf and putting it through a pdf convertor.
        Two programs suggested:
        One comment was:
        Those of us that are having trouble editing a .rtf file should submit a bug report. Help > Provide Feedback. The only reason to produce a RFT formatted report is so it can be further edited or used in other programs.
        - perhaps if there are enough complaints MacKiev might consider building in an "export to Word" function!
        Elaine

Comment

I've just tried both pdf convertors. The first one worked well. The second one converted the pdf to Word format but when I tried to edit it the formatting was screwed up.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X