Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best software for multiple wives across decades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best software for multiple wives across decades?

Hi there,

I'm a writer needing to plot out a large extended family, created when a character married multiple times across several decades, producing children each time. Not sure which software would be the best choice, as it seems some handle multiple spouses better than others. The goal is for me to be able to see the inter-sibling and inter-generational relationships clearly. For example, my main character, who is somewhere in the middle, has uncles and aunts who are younger than her and nieces and nephews who are older, and I need to keep them straight in my head.

Is there a program that lets me enter dates of marriages and dates of birth and then creates a tree that shows results over time as well?

Not sure if I'm even explaining it well. Thanks for any advice.

Abbi

Welcome to FTF Abbi! I think you'll find most of the well known family tree programs will do what you want. Personally, I use Family Historian, which is well known for producing clear and cutomisable diagrams of trees. If you are not used to such programs they can all be a bit of a steep learning curve so you might need to be patient while you learn the best ways of entering data and producing the diagrams. You can always ask on here if you need help.
    Anne

Comment

Working...
    X