Windows 10 Create update - Edge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Create update - Edge not working

Having just done the Windows 10 Create update on my laptop, I've found that the Edge browser no longer works (it closes itself down after a few seconds). Everything seems slower than it was before too.

Does anyone know the best way round this? I've tried googling but though it seems to be a known problem I can't find a clear answer - should I uninstall it?

The laptop is only a year old and came with Windows 10 ready installed.

seems a common problem look here

Having read some of the advice, all of these problems disappear if I switch to IE.

[UPDATE: I have opened the 'new InPrivate' window in the Edge browser and this has allowed all of the affected sites to properly load. How odd. This, though, is something that I do not constantly wish to mess around having to do. Come on Microsoft get your finger out].

Have you tried resetting your EDGE browser? Go to the 3 small horizontal dots, then "SETTINGS", then "CLEAR BROWSING DATA". Click on "CHOOSE WHAT TO CLEAR" then "SHOW MORE" and with all boxes ticked press "CLEAR". This the best you can do as EDGE is part of the operating system and cannot be uninstalled, but lets hope this might work for you. Regards.

Comment

Thanks Val. Unfortunately Edge is only open for a few seconds before it closes down - not long enough to do anything.

Chrome works OK but I'm used to using Edge. What a pain!
      Last edited by Lindsay; 20-08-17, 15:53.

Comment

one of the suggestions was to uninstall the latest update ? is that feasible

Comment

Yes, it might come to that. I don't understand why they're rolling out a product that clearly isn't working properly.

Comment

Now resolved (sort of), in case anyone else has the same problem. I uninstalled the Trusteer Endpoint Protection program that my bank suggests customers use.

So the browser's working but my banking is less secure. Not sure that's a step forward!

Comment

hmm sounds dodgy, I agree why bring out something that causes so much trouble.

Comment

Working...
              X