Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info on Abraham Bancroft from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs (1913-1978)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on Abraham Bancroft from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs (1913-1978)

Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me?

I am researching my father-in-laws family tree and have discovered that his mother and father were both friends and work colleagues of a Abraham Bancroft, 1913-1978, born in Wolstanton, died in Butt Lane, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

So far we know that Abraham Bancroft worked in the pottery industry in Middleport/Burslem during the 1930's/40's and may have gone on to have his own pottery manufacturing business. We also believe that he created a ceramic bust of Reginald Mitchell CBE AMICE FRAS (see attached) in the 1950's which was on display in Stoke-on-Trent Museum, but this is to be confirmed. He was married twice once in 1944 and again in 1950 and has 4 children from the two marriages.

If anyone has any information on him they'd like to share especially a picture or two so that we can put a name to a face then we'd be very grateful.

Thank you

G

1939 register

Abraham Bancroft, born 25 Feb 1913 Pottery moulder, transport handler - single living Stoke on Trent.
    Living with a couple called Yates.

You could try contacting the museum about him.

Last edited by Janet H.; 03-08-17, 18:51.

Comment

Hello and welcome huxleg

In your first post, should there be an attachment?

Have you got this

Last edited by Elaine; 03-08-17, 20:53.
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Elaine and Janet - Thank you so much for the links - as a Potteries girl now living 200 miles away, they made me feel so nostalgic. I know I'll be spending hours trawling through the sites, accompanied by sighs and cries of 'Well I never knew that!'

Comment

Hi Janet,

Yates is his sisters married name we have since found out that her lived with her and her husband all the way through the 1940s up until he got married in 1950.

We have contacted the museum and they don't have any specific information on him except that they displayed the bust of Reginald Mitchell in the 1950's.

I have done some work on his family tree and believe I've found his second wife and their children, so I might go direct to them, but thought I'd try FTT first on the off chance somebody already had the information I was after.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,
          Greg

Comment

Hi Elaine,

You're right there should have been an attachment but it exceeded the file size limit and then I completely forgot about it oops.

Thanks for the link to thepotteries.org it's nice to see some of older historic buildings.

Cheers,
            Greg

Comment

Working...
            X