FS Super Safe Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Super Safe Boost

This is a QUOTE from the i paper of the 25th July 2017.

A team from Cyber 123 and FSecure were well on the way to stealing my identity. (Quote Only)

I have just renewed my account with TT and they have given me a so called Free Super Safe Boost powered by FSecure.

How Safe is this to install? Will I need to remove MS Security Essentials as so far I have very good and wish to keep it.

Meanwhile I get a daily email from TT reminding me to install FSecure Super Safe Boost.

Any advice welcome.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Personally I wouldn't touch TT with the proverbial 10 foot bargebpole but that doesn't answer your question. I couldn't find much on the net that is up to date about it and it was of the "what is it" variety rather than is it any good. The cost seems to be £2 per month.
    If all you have in way of security is MS Essentials then you do need to up your security level as although MSE is better than it used to be, it isn't anywhere as good as the best standalone programmes. For the £48 you would spend a year on the TT add on, you could get much better value elsewhere.
    There are plenty of comparison articles on the net and if you shop carefully you can get a good deal usually much less than the standard asking price. For the past three years I have used Bullguard and have been happy with it. Previously I have had Norton which I found an absolute pain to remove when the time came and Kasperkys which was easy to remove but slowed down my pc in normal use. I've also tried Comodo products but found them too complicated and very controlling.

Comment

Thank you for your reply I have been with TT since 2009 and fingers crossed OK and most of our road are on it. The other side of the estate most are on BT as they have not had much luck with TT anyway for my needs these days it is cheap a fixed price for 18 months including calls to landline and mobile. I do not have to pay for this FSecure but for some reason I just do not fancy it. Like you I have been through Norton and Kasperkys plus AGV which I think is free. A free version appeals to me most and I do wish to keep MS as I have found it good. I still have windows 7 so will do a search on the net.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hubby used to use the free version AVG. I believe it was fine but not the best product for someone like him as he never updates anything and back then, the freebie had to be manually updated. I don't know if that's still the case. Good hunting!

Comment

Working...
        X