FTM 2005 Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2005 Upgrade?

I have a FTM 2005 file with 6000 people listed, including photos and (in one instance) dating back to the 1200s. It's still runnng just fine on an old computer.

How can I upgrade including photos (some of which are my only copy - I don't have the originals). I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit. I want to continue building the file, but most important, want to be able to pass the file along to younger family members. I want to get the information into the most transferrable and accessible current and upgradable application regardless of source. As I am sure you can imagine, the file represents a tremendous amount of time and effort.

I have tried, but have been unable to get any help (or even a real response) from mackiev.

Thank you very much for your insights.

Keith Perkins

As technology is changing so fast, and FTM17 does seem to have a few problems still, I would think sideways and do 4 things:-
    1 do a back up on usb stick or external hard drive - both of which can fail over time
    2 a back up on disc
    3 send it to the cloud if you know - i dont
    4 print everything off including the photos and make copies for the younger members of the family so they can see what you have done already

if you want a computer programme you will have to wait for someone more savvy than me

but you must tell or write down where you have saved your info in case anything happens to you- maybe leave a note with your will?

hope this helps
    Angelina

Comment

Working...
    X