How to transfer photos emails etc from Tablet to a Applemac ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to transfer photos emails etc from Tablet to a Applemac ipad

I want to transfer stuff from an amazon tablet to a apple ipad, is it possible and if so what do I need thanks

Do you have access to your emails on both devices? If so a quick workaround is to send yourself an email with the photo attached. Open the email on the iPad and tap to save it to photos.
    Anne

Comment

not yet Ann it is coming tomorrow, thanks for that idea, I dont know anything about apple so hope I can work it easily.

Comment

You'll be fine. You can always ask if you get stuck ... Apple devices have some annoyances but at least they all (phones and iPads) work in a similar way. OH has an iPhone and I have an iPad mini.
        Anne

Comment

I bought it on a whim, daft really as I dont use my tablet, so thought Tom could have the apple.

Comment

Hello Val
            Ann is right Apple do have some oddities about it but once you get a grip it is good. At the computer group I go to it is like a drop in centre I have never seen so many different ways for saving photos from emails.
            I am still thinking about an ' ipad ' as my Samsung Tab 3 is feeling tired maybe I do not use it enough. Most of all I need a new laptop and that could well be an ' Apple
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

thanks Margaret, it certainly seems to do a lot, time will tell takes me ages to get used to new things.

Comment

You'll have to get together with my hubby Val. I have just bought him an Apple I-pad for his birthday, we collected it today. I haven't heard a peep out of him since
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 20-07-17, 19:45.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

oh good ask him why when I try to install firefox or skype I have to give my apple id,and why is so much attached to itunes ??

Comment

You'll need that Apple ID whenever you install anything! iTunes is a pain and not easy to get your head around if you are new to it. Trouble is, its not only for music! I am forced to use it to make my map program work on my iPad, for example.
                    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      oh good ask him why when I try to install firefox or skype I have to give my apple id,and why is so much attached to itunes ??
                      I think you got the wrong idea Val. He only got it yesterday and probably knows far less than you do. I was joking because he will probably be needing help re Apple too. Thank goodness for people like Anne, who know what they are talking about :D
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I guessed that Chrissie ;) must say it was so easy to set up email .

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                          I think you got the wrong idea Val. He only got it yesterday and probably knows far less than you do. I was joking because he will probably be needing help re Apple too. Thank goodness for people like Anne, who know what they are talking about :D
                          Aaaarg! Don't be too sure about that! Much of it is trial and error and asking younger people. LOL!

However, here's a thing I find very handy. If you want to save something that's on the screen you can 'photoraph' it by pressing the home button and the on/off switch simultaneously. It takes a picture of the screen and saves it to the pictures folder (the one like a flower pattern).
                          Anne

Comment

Anne really ? wow thats fantastic, can you tell me when I am trying to install something it asks me for my apple id???,and why I keep getting the option to register with itunes ???

Comment

The Apple ID thing is just to protect you in case someone else has got hold of your device.

The iTunes is up to you. You could perhaps get away without using it but its probablt best to register anyway in case you do need it later.
                              Anne

Comment

oh so I have to have an apple id why didnt I think of that thanks again

Comment

have got most things sorted but am not sure how to put my FTM Tree programme on it? can you help please

Comment

Hmm. Don't know about FTM, maybe some other users can advise? I use Family Historian and that does NOT run on an ipad (or any Apple device without a lot of messing). I like to have a basic tree on my iPad so I got the App called Heredis. You can email a Gedcom file to yourself and open and save it to Heredis on the iPad. I then have my trees available to show family and for referring to in archives etc. I never intended to do any work on the tree on the iPad anyway but you could if you wanted to.
                                    Anne

Comment

thanks very much Anne that will do me

Comment

If tablets are able to access Bluetooth, you can pair each of them and then transfer files between them
                                        OR
                                        There are a number of apps that allow you to sync files across devices that are using the same WiFi network, such as Sunshine.
                                        Watch this video

Researching:
                                        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                                        X