No announcement yet.

Ellen Decoursey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, found it now - it's actually under Catherine.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
      Ahhh, found it now - it's actually under Catherine.
      Ah right! The Dennis Coursey that Judith found earlier is also under the name Holland, so I think it would be fair to conclude the name is Holland. Not sure how 'Holland' could look like 'Wellyan' if they did marry in Poplar...

Comment

The Dennis Corsey with Patrick and Catherine in 1871 died in Poplar district aged 3 Q4 1873.

This looks like it could possibly be Patrick, in 1881 with possibly a second wife Jane? and his three daughters Mary, Nellie and Kate ages a little awry and not sure what the birthplace for Patrick says.
        Last edited by JudithM; 10-07-17, 14:40.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I think I found a death the other day for Dennis before the next census.

It looks as though mother Catherine died, probably as a result of Kate's birth - Deaths Sep 1875 -
          DECOURSEY Catherine age 30 - Poplar re 1c 456

Have you noticed how many Holland references there are on the 1871 census. Ellen Holland aged 20 is the sister of the married Mary Driscoll on the previous page and Cornelius Driscoll appears to have possibly married a Mary Holland!
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 10-07-17, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
            The Dennis Corsey with Patrick and Catherine in 1871 died in Poplar district aged 3 Q4 1873.

This looks like it could possibly be Patrick, in 1881 with possibly a second wife Jane? and his three daughters Mary, Nellie and Kate ages a little awry and not sure what the birthplace for Patrick says.
            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

Have found a marriage for a Jane Johnson and a Patrick de Corsey in Bethnal Green in 1877... wonder what became of Catherine?

Comment

I think I found a death the other day for Dennis before the next census.

It looks as though mother Catherine died, probably as a result of Kate's birth - Deaths Sep 1875 -
              DECOURSEY Catherine age 30 - Poplar re 1c 456

Have you noticed how many Holland references there are on the 1871 census. Ellen Holland aged 20 is the sister of the married Mary Driscoll on the previous page and Cornelius Driscoll appears to have possibly married a Mary Holland!
              Ah great minds think alike! Was just wondering what happened to Catherine and your message came up straight after! I think I might have found a record of death for Patrick in 1911?

Comment

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true
                Mary, Nellie and Kate would be Polly, Ellen and Kate in 1891 so that must be correct. Is there an age listed for Jane, may I ask?

Comment

That 1881 census gives Patrick's birthplace as Plymouth. Otherwise it does look promising if Charles was Jane's daughter. This thread is certainly a puzzler!

Comment

That 1881 census gives Patrick's birthplace as Plymouth. Otherwise it does look promising if Charles was Jane's daughter. This thread is certainly a puzzler!
                    Plymouth!? Wow! But surely it must be him... Mary, Nellie and Kate in 1881 must be Polly, Ellen and Kate in 1891.

Comment

Originally posted by frank1412 View Post
                      Plymouth!? Wow! But surely it must be him... Mary, Nellie and Kate in 1881 must be Polly, Ellen and Kate in 1891.
                      It's also the same address they are at in 1891... Goodliffe Street, Poplar

Comment

I am trying to find Jane and Charles in 1871 but no luck yet. I am assuming that Charles is her son?

Comment

I am trying to find Jane and Charles in 1871 but no luck yet. I am assuming that Charles is her son?
                          I would guess so... I cannot see any birth record for a Charles Decoursey/Coursey and he would have been born when Patrick and Catherine were still married. Also trying to find if Patrick and Jane had any children together, but looks much like they had a full house in 1881 already!

Comment

The register entry of Patrick's marriage to Jane is on Ancestry https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true
                            Jane was a widow, father's surname Reason and I'm sure I saw a birth and death of a Patrick Decoursey in 1879, with mother's maiden name Reason when I was searching for possible children.
                            Patrick's father's name was Dennis so he named his son after him.

Comment

The register entry of Patrick's marriage to Jane is on Ancestry https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true
                              Jane was a widow, father's surname Reason and I'm sure I saw a birth and death of a Patrick Decoursey in 1879, with mother's maiden name Reason when I was searching for possible children.
                              Patrick's father's name was Dennis so he named his son after him.
                              Wow... how did you find Patrick's birth?

Comment

Just realised you wouldn't have needed to find Patrick's birth as it would have been on his marriage certificate!

Comment

Didn't find his birth, his father's name was on his marriage entry.

Comment

Is there any trace of a birth or marriage record for Mary/Polly Decoursey?

Comment

Possibly this one who died Judith?
                                      Deaths Sep 1879 - Decoursey Patrick 0 Poplar 1c 444

Comment

Yes, and his birth was registered as Patrick De Coursey Q3 1879 Poplar 1c 731
                                        Last edited by JudithM; 10-07-17, 16:57.

Comment

Reason = Reagan, does anyone think? I'm very reluctant to let go of Ellen Decoursey born 1875, mmn Region!

OC

Comment

Working...
                                          X