Look-up offer for Portuguese and Canadian (Ontario) records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Look-up offer for Portuguese and Canadian (Ontario) records

If anyone has need to follow up on possible Portuguese branches or Ontario records (Canada), I'm offering my help. I have extensive knowledge of Portuguese archival records and am just now working on my certificate for Canadian records, so I can use the practice

Hi
    I have been searching for quite some time for a Death entry for Halsted Beetson Toovey.
    He was born 6th March 1881 at Plymouth Devon Uk and came out to Ontario Canada in around 1905.
    As far as I know he lived his time in Ontario. I would love to solve this missing piece.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    tidders
    researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

Halston B Toovey info found

Originally posted by tidders View Post
      Hi
      I have been searching for quite some time for a Death entry for Halsted Beetson Toovey.
      He was born 6th March 1881 at Plymouth Devon Uk and came out to Ontario Canada in around 1905.
      As far as I know he lived his time in Ontario. I would love to solve this missing piece.
      Thanks for any assistance.
      tidders
      Hi Tidders,

I did find a record of his immigration record and it includes a picture of him. In case, you don't have this yet, the link to the image is here. He's the 2nd one on the page. Copy and paste the below link on your browse. If you have trouble seeing the picture let me know.

Comment

Sorry...it's not an immigration record. I think it's a police record.

Comment

Further info on Ancestry that may be of interest (you may already have it) is found below. Of specific interest the 2 border crossings from Canada to the US to see if they are after 1919 (when he was released from prison). He may have died in the US. I don't have a paid membership on My Ancestry to actually view the records but someone on the forum may have and may look them up for you. Also of interest is 3rd one. He was in the Canadian Military in 1910. If the border crossing records show that he went to the US after 1919 and give the destination, you have a new clue to his death.

Comment

Thanks for getting back and for the research. He is an interesting character. I have managed also what you have found so far.
            somehow I think he stayed in Canada but it is worth looking to the USA as well,I have checked Ancestry Library edition at our local library and that turned up nothing.
            researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

Working...
            X