Elizabeth Veal(e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
    I'm just getting around to processing all this.

* A working theory might be that William and Mary are siblings - can anyone see a Cornwood baptism for William Veale, c.1786? For Mary, c. 1789?

The Veales I have been researching have been Dissenters.

* Can anyone see a burial for Elizabeth Veal, wife of William?
    From FMP Devon Baptisms
    Some baps for Mary and William Veal with same parents

Wm Alger Veal bap 01/07/1785 Cornwood Father Joseph mother Isabella
    Mary Veal bap 09/07/1787 Plympton St Mary Father Joseph mother Isabella
    with same parents are a John, Jenny and Thomas

Wm Veal bap 03/10/1788 Cornwood Father Arthur mother Margaret
    Mary Veal bap 22/02/1791 Cornwood Father Arthur mother Margaret
    with same named parents Elizabeth bap 08/02/1793 Cornwood

Wm Veal bap 24/10/1786 Cornwood Father John mother Susanna
    with same named parents Betty Veal bap 1792 Cornwood, Jenny and John

Can't see a burial for Elizabeth but there is a GRO death for 2nd Q Plympton St Mary 1851 giving an age of 39 ie dob 1812.

Baptism of Elizabeth Veal on FMP Devon Baptisms
    28/03/1830 Cornwood. Residence ? Cott Father William, Servant mother Elizabeth

The 1871 census for John Winer has with them a William aged 84, Cordwainer, said to be a Cousin.

Vera
    Last edited by vera2013; 18-06-17, 01:27.

Comment

Wow, Vera - that's great - especially the 1871!!!

So William Veale, Servant, was father of Elizabeth who married George Jones.

William Veale, Cordwainer/Shoemaker was unmarried, and cousin of William Veale (Servant) and Mary Veale Winter, and probably (but unproven) had the same Veale grandparent.

Comment

Not sure now about 1871. On Ancestry William Veal is transcribed as William Winter. However John's age is not correct. Sorry. FMP has him as Wm Veale

William Veal unmarried Cordwainer is possibly related to Mary Winter nee Veale. The one on the 1871 could possibly be the same William as in the 1861 but living with ? Son of John and Mary Winter

William Veale, Servant could be the brother of Mary Winter nee Veal hence young Elisabeth b 1830 living with them in 1841.

So two separate William Veales but both with a family connection to Mary Winter nee Veal

Lots of could bes and possibles but nothing definite

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 18-06-17, 12:02.

Comment

I have looked at the two Williams separately.

Can see the unmarried William, Cordwainer through to his ?death in 1879 aged 88 Plymouth reg. Can't be sure that is him in 1871 as that John Winter is not the son of John Winter and Mary but they had both died by 1871 so the elderly William is perhaps now part of another branch of the family

I have followed William, Servant from 1841 to his death in ?1859 aged 79 Plymouth reg. ?With wife Elisabeth in 1841, with d Elisabeth in 1851 then a widower.

Elisabeth bap 18, ?with aunt and uncle Winter 1841, ?with f William living with the Levers in 1851, the wife Mary Lever nee Veal. Elisabeth married 1852 f William, Servant

Will check out Devon burials to try to confirm

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
            No, I don't know any Winters.

I have Veales from Cornwood marrying into my Coverly line. But I think this Elizabeth's dtr married into my Mitchell line - who also have a Coverly in the line. Sorry, very confusing. My Coverly-Mitchells were in London. It makes me think there were connections back into this corner of Devon.

Oh, boy.

Hi everyone, does anyone have any further details on William Veal 1818-11/3/1902 or Elizabeth Veal 1830-7/3/1892 especially any link with the mitchell family. they had a daughter named Catherine who died 1886 and left a young family. Did they have a daughter Emily married to Alfred Mitchell. We believe they bought up Great Great Grandma, and we would like to research this.

many thanks in advance - email removed
            Last edited by Jill on the A272; 22-02-18, 05:45.

Comment

.Hello Robert and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will get a reply for Photofamily soon. In the meantime I've removed your email address in line with forum policy, though you will be able to receive/send messages via our personal messages

Comment

thanks Jill :-)

Comment

Hi, Robert - and welcome to FTF.
                  I don't think your Veals are the Veals I've been researching? There's a family tree on ancestry that says WV b.1818 was born in St Ives. My Veales were from Cornwood - about 90 miles away. And Mitchell is a fairly common surname.

If you'd like, a moderator could split off posts 25-27 and we could start a new thread to research your peeps?

Comment

how can i view the family tree of William Veal b1818 - our veals are from cornwell also - would appreciate anything you have

thanks

Comment

Do you have a sub to ancestry? Here's the tree that I was referring to:

There are other trees that allege that he was born in 1817:

The William Veals that are mentioned previously in this thread were born before 1800.

Seriously - start a new thread (hopefully moving the relevant posts from this thread) and we'll see what we can do to help.

Comment

And there's a tree with him on FamilySearch. You can sign up for a free account to look
                        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Comment

Working...
                        X