Approx date please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approx date please

Hi, I wonder what the approximate date of this photo is? Also, I remember seeing that there is a list of businesses to see when the photographer was in business but I can't remember where to find that information.
    Thanks

He is at that address in the Scottish Post Office Directory editions between 1901 and 1906. Listed as a photographer and portrait painter. I thought Edwardian when I first looked at the collar so that fits in with the directory dates.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 29-05-17, 19:50.

Comment

Thanks very much. That fits and means he is around about 40 in the photo. Is the Post Office Directory available on Ancestry? Sorry I still don't seem to know all these things!

Comment

Sorry for condition of this photo, but could it be around the same time? No photography studio info on it I'm afraid.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Blaeberry View Post
          Thanks very much. That fits and means he is around about 40 in the photo. Is the Post Office Directory available on Ancestry? Sorry I still don't seem to know all these things!
          Not sure but if you Google the chap you can get links to the pages in the directories. A bit easier that way than the catalogue on National Library of Scotland website

Comment

Sorry I am not much good with costume. The first photo was very distinctive so I was sure of the style. My feeling is that the second one is maybe 10 years or so later?

Comment

Thanks very much. I think that fits with who I think he is.

Comment

Working...
              X