Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting photos question

Hi
    I was hoping to post a couple of old family photos to get opinions on their age but I don't have the "manage attachments" option when I try to post a new thread in Family tree photos. Could it be to do with permission? or number of posts? Sorry if I'm just missing something really obvious.
    Thanks

hi its a long time since I did that, but you usually have to have a hosting site like Photobucket for your photos ,then you can post them on here.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I use an app called Tapatalk to access Family Tree Forum from my mobile and this also allows you to post photos directly to the forum. Here is one of Bowie, my son's four month old English Sheepdog.
      Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

For some reason I cannot use the "insert image" icon on this Family Tree Photos forum in order to upload an image from my computer - it will only accept a url. On the research forums however there is an option to do so from your own computer. I had a look this morning and the option is still there but not here.
        post 158 on research for example I added red dots to the image before uploading. I don't understand why this is so?
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 24-05-17, 10:05. Reason: added info
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Just had a look through the various forums and it appears this is virtually the only one that requires you to post images using a url from somewhere like Photoshop or Tapatalk.

From sticky post at top of forum
          "Image information thread
          When posting images in the Family Tree Photos forum for restoration purposes or for help in deciphering detail, it is necessary that the image is initially uploaded to an image hosting site such as Photobucket. The relevant link from the external site is then posted on the forum.

Posting images using the attachment facility provided by the vBulletin software reduces the size of the image considerably, even if it has been scanned at a high resolution. For this reason the attachment option has been switched off in the Family Tree Photos forum. "
          Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Blaeberry View Post
            Hi
            I was hoping to post a couple of old family photos to get opinions on their age but I don't have the "manage attachments" option when I try to post a new thread in Family tree photos. Could it be to do with permission? or number of posts? Sorry if I'm just missing something really obvious.
            Thanks
            Best to put these photos on community or research forums if you want an opinion if you don't wish to use an outside storage facility.
            Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Stacky View Post
              I use an app called Tapatalk to access Family Tree Forum from my mobile and this also allows you to post photos directly to the forum. Here is one of Bowie, my son's four month old English Sheepdog.
              And what is Bowie's noble lineage? :-)
              Amelia

My avatar is my grandfather William as a baby. His origins are shrouded in mystery.....

Comment

Ha ha, I'm not sure about his lineage but we are dog sitting him this weekend and I expect he will be taking me walkies !
                Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

stunning dog Stacky

Comment

Thanks very much, everyone, for all the helpful replies. Oh,I understand now why the attachment option is off in the family treeforum, thanks. That is a cool dogStacky! And guess what? One of the photos I want help with is from my Bowie branch!! Haha, nojoke! I'll try to post later. x

Comment

Ha ha, my son called him Bowie because he has a brown eye and a blue eye. Little grandson George is a bit wary of him lol.

Comment

my mum had one brown and one green eye, looked very attractive too, its supposed to be lucky but she weren't:(

Comment

Working...
                        X