Missing in 1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing in 1939

could somebody do me a favour ,and see if they can find this man in 1939, he died in the March quarter of 1940 in Brentford Middlesex

William John Knight born 1857 would be a widower he was a Plumber on his death reg it just says William Knight.

and if possible his daughter who did not marry and may not be with him

Muriel Doris Knight born April quarter 1897 Edmonton

Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 24-04-17, 21:02.

Sorry, I can't see either of them.

There is a Muriel D Knight with birth year 1898 ..... but she's not yours, as she is married to Percy Knight.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I've tried too using a range of search terms but with no success.

Comment

I too haven't been able to find anything... sorry.
        I am sure it isn't related but I am just throwing it out there. There is a Doris M Knight b. 1895 but no further date of birth. This is listed under Coulsdon and Purley UD. This lady is obviously in an instution, and is listed as incapacitated. I just wonder if there is a possibility she may be your lady.
        I know it's way out there, but searching for any other clues for William, I found a William John Knight in the Workhouse admissions who was sent on to I believe Hanwell Asylum, I don't know whether this belongs to your William but it just made me think laterally.
        As I say I may be well off the mark, but we all know middle names can become the known name and of course once institutionalised age can become lost.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

thanks everyone , shall have a look at those ,I sent for his death cert last night, thought I already had it, might give me a clue.

Comment

wrong death cert boo hoo so wondering now if I have the right death for his wife, teach me to assume they died in Brentford.

Comment

Deleted when I realised that Muriel is the daughter - oops - sorry
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 04-05-17, 08:47.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Have you discounted some of the other possible deaths Val? For instance this one -

Deaths Dec 1922 - Knight William J 66 Bethnal G 1c 164
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 04-05-17, 10:01.

Comment

thanks for looking Chrissie I short listed 8 possibles, one in 1936 a William J Knight born 1857 died 1936 Isle of Wight ?found probate for leaving it to a wife Martha which was his wifes name so am trying to narrow a different pair of William J Knight and a Martha in 1911
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 12:14.

Comment

There is a death whose age would fit of a Martha Wright on the Isle of Wight.
                    Martha Knight - Birth Date: abt 1860 - Date of Registration: Mar 1940 - Age at Death:80 - Registration district:Isle of Wight - County: Hampshire - Volume: 2b Page: 2310

Comment

thanks for looking Chrissie much appreciated, I now have her on the will site ,but am trying to find her in 1939 so I can confirm its her firstMartha Knight will.PNGWilliam John Knight will.PNG

Comment

just found that William John Knight died at the same address as his daughter Muriel Doris so right man in 1936

Comment

bumping this up for anybody who is bored

Still looking for in 1939

Martha Knight nee Townsend
                          a widow born 9 Apr 1859 ,she died in a Nursing home on the Isle of Wight 1940
                          last known address Shirley, Petersfield Road, Bournemouth

Comment

Martha Knight
                            Widow
                            B 9/4/59

Sandown, Shanklin IOW

Living with

Emma Jones retd widow b 14/09/68

Vera

Comment

Living at 11 Kew Road, Lake. Also there is Letitia Walpole born 05 Oct 1877 a Nurse Companion

Comment

thanks both no wonder I couldn't find her, this is what comes up on FMP for Emma but no Martha ,Emma is her Sister

11 Lea Road , Sandown-Shanklin U.D., Isle of Wight, England

Emma Jones 14 Sep 1868 Female Home Duties Retired Widowed 43 1
                                Letitia Dalpole 05 Oct 1877 Female Nurse Companion Single 43 2
                                Eva F E Knight 09 Sep 1859 Female Retired Widowed 43 3
                                Ref: RG101/2653D/004/36 Letter Code: EPGG
                                Last edited by Guest; 20-04-19, 14:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X