Robert Ridge b1764

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Ridge b1764

I am trying to find reliable information about the parents and place of birth of my several-times great grandfather Robert Ridge - latterly of Ballinasloe, Co Galway, Ireland.

He served in both the 10th and 15th Madras Native Infantry until 1805 and then retired to Ballinasloe. His wife was Anna Maria Bathorn(e) of Durrow. She was born around 1790 and the daughter of Hugh B and Judith de Courcy Ireland. Their children were Robert Thomas (from whom I descend), William Henry and Marian.

Major Robert Ridge died in Ballinasloe in 1819. Anna Maria, his widow, later remarried.

Any leads as to his parents, siblings or place of birth much appreciated. Thanks

Hello Ridgetlp and welcome to FTF
    Have you put your question in the Sensitive Research section for a reason i.e. because Sensitive isn't picked up by Google? I ask because more people might see it if we moved it to the Research section.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie. I want sure where to post it so your suggestion is a good one. Thanks

Comment

Apologies - I meant of course "I wasn't "... not "I want".

Comment

You're welcome - now done
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Findmypast has the irish parish registers free to search and view results. Though i suspect robert was born long before existing parish registers began. Irish didn't record burials often either. But take a look and see what you can find.

Comment

Working...
            X