Really old photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really old photo album

I have now got a really old photo album with family photos in it dating from 1915 but all photos are stuck/glued into the album which has black pages. I dont want to destroy the album so has any one any idea how i can
    1 copy the photos
    2 restore them very cheaply

some are almost brown andcream - the rest are black and white.
    any advice much appreciated.
    thank you
    Last edited by angelina; 27-03-17, 11:36.
    Angelina

one option is to take a digital photo of each page do not use a flash or scan each page both methods work . These photos can be separated using adobe elements or photo shop.and restored if you want
    or use one of the free programs. If you do not fancy using one of these programs you could post them on here and someone will do it.
    Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Not precisely cheap....but I had access to a family album kindly loaned by OH's cousin. I scanned the photos at 600 d.p.i and edited them, using Paintshop pro7. That was no cost... the expensive part was publishing them as a book, using Blurb. I was very pleased with the result and was able to give copies to other members of our family.

I am currently engaged on reproduction of my mother's photo album,who also glued in her photos, but as the original album is in a shocking state, I have carefully detached each photo and have replaced them in a new album, after scanning each one and copying her notations in pencil on the back of each photo, before writing them again in the new album. I will be photo shopping the scanned photos and using them in another Blurb book

If you are interested, you can see my first project by using this link. It is not a brilliant work of art, but the photos have come up nicely and it was a good F.H exercise.
      http://au.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/4181367/4a09630ebf4ffb3118e8ad468fbda23db8bbecd8?utm_mediu m=email&utm_source=application&utm_campaign=share-share_promote&utm_content=0646am-03_27_17-body

Beverley

Comment

thank you for all the ideas- very kind of you- some photos are hundred years old!
        Angelina

Comment

if you have a Flip Pal [mobile scanner] then you could use that [obvs you would need a FP first, they are not cheap but so worth it for the portablility!]
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Try putting each sheet on scanner

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion but someone very, very kindly agreed to sort out my scanned pages so i have separate photos now still a tad blurry but i can see now who they are meant to be and a distant cousin is helping me name them all.
              Angelina

Comment

Working...
              X