GRO Pilot 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO Pilot 3

Just see this and thought it would be of interest to you all......Pleased to pass this news on to you from the G.R.O. ............................. PDF Pilot Phase 3

We are trialling a service from 16 March to provide PDF copies of our non-digitised records. Records will not be immediately viewable, but emailed as a PDF.

Applications for each PDF cost £8, must be made online and include a GRO index reference.

England and Wales records which are available as PDF's in pilot 3 include:
    Births: 1935-2006
    Deaths: 1958-2006
    Marriages: 1837-2010

Full details are in About the PDF Pilot

Note: A PDF is not a certificate and has no value for services where a certificate is required e.g. a Passport or Driving Licence application, or Notice of Marriage

Pilot phase 3 closes at 4pm on 12 April or when 40,000 PDF's have been ordered, whichever is sooner. Analysis of the pilot will then follow.

Indexes
    Have you used our Online Historical Birth and Death Indexes yet? They may include extra information; maiden name and age at death.

Lilly Ooops think I should have put this on research, sorry, maybe you could move it over for me.. thanks....
    Last edited by Lilly the flower; 16-03-17, 12:58. Reason: addding more

Originally posted by Lilly the flower View Post
    Lilly Ooops think I should have put this on research, sorry, maybe you could move it over for me.. thanks....
    Done and thank you!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

And thank you Caroline, silly girl (me)

Comment

Thanks Lily - had been trying to get onto GRO earlier today but they had a maintenance notice up so presumably that's what they were doing :D
        Margaret

Comment

Can't find this anywhere Lily. Do you have the url for this?
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Well! it was on the home page, but seems to have disappeared at the moment, all I can find at the moment about it is...on the page where you log in, there is a list of things you can do , like , log in, main menu, place an order,etc the sixth one on the list is...'About the PDF pilot,' click on that one, loads of questions and answers there about it.......worth a look, maybe they are just tweaking it at the moment.....it does say it starts to day!! Lilly

Comment

Thanks Lily
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

The option will only appear on the ordering page if the details you have entered fall within the scope of this trial :

Births: 1935-2006
                Deaths: 1958-2006
                Marriages: 1837-2010

and you have the GRO reference number.

If it meets the criteria you will see an option to order a "
                Standard PDF copy of the entry by email" included under the normal certificate/express options.

Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Where would people find a GRO reference number for marriages up to 2010 please?
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                    Where would people find a GRO reference number for marriages up to 2010 please?
                    On the full microfiche indexes available at the following:

Library of Birmingham
                    Bridgend Local and Family History Centre
                    City of Westminster Archives Centre
                    Manchester Central Library
                    Newcastle City Library
                    Plymouth Central Library
                    The British Library
                    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you Antony
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Each time I try to order a death certificate for 1863 I only get the option for the £9.25 version not the PDF. What am I doing wrong.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Slippery View Post
                          Each time I try to order a death certificate for 1863 I only get the option for the £9.25 version not the PDF. What am I doing wrong.

Peter
                          At the moment the only option for pdf death certificates is for the years 1958-2006.
                          Elaine

Comment

Slippery

You haven't read the date parameters for deaths, is what you are doing wrong, lol.

OC

Comment

Thanks it must be my age. I was hoping that this William Hill was mine I have got several death certs for my GGGD and GGD but the wrong ones. Both where baptised William Edmond Hill but I am now looking at just William.
                              My GGD was a vagrant in 1914 aged 70 and was removed to Shoreditch. So it is possible no one knew his name when he died.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X