Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italian great grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by GallowayLass View Post
    Presumably this is the marriage certificate that your have?
    SIMEONI Dominic INNELLI Rosaria M Liverpool,Register Office or Registrar Attended Liverpool REG_LP/287/199

This is the church entry. St Joseph's RC Church. Unfortunately only the two father are named.

Attachment 18485

I have a copy of their marriage certificate which I ordered from the records office. I have not yet seen this version. Thank you!
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Quote Originally Posted by GallowayLass View Post
    This is from familysearch.org via ancestry. Is this a possibility for Domenico's father?

Name: Luigi Francesco Domenico Di Simone
    Birth Date: 17 mar 1834
    Baptism Date: 20 mar 1834
    Baptism Place: Civile, Cerignola, Foggia, Italy
    Father: Francesco Di Simone
    Mother: Serafina Monacelli
    FHL Film Number: 1178228
    Reference ID: 2:LFP16T
    I think it could be a possibility as Domenico had a son whose middle name was Luigi, so it would make sense for him to have named his son after his father?

The surname is slightly different but I don't know if Domenico would've anglicised his surname.
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia C View Post
    IF that death is correct, this looks like him on the 1939 Register (on FMP) .......... his birth date is given as 3 May 1871

&nbspominico Simeone 03 May 1871 Mosaic Worker
    Maria R Simeone 03 Jan 1892 Unpaid Domestic Duties
    Antionio A Simeone 07 Mar 1916 General Labourer
    Marguerita A Wyatt (Simeone) 16 Jun 1928 At School
    Joseph M Simeone 26 Aug 1934 At School

Address:- 25 St James , Bristol C.B., Gloucestershire

Looking at the image, there are 3 more records that are still closed .... 2 between Antonio and Marguerita, and 1 between Marguerita and Joseph. These will be for children who are presumed to be still alive.

On the next page in the Register is a Frank Simeone living at 2 St James Square

Frank Simeone 23 Dec 1913 Mosaic Worker Heavy Worker

Address:- 2 St James Square, Bristol, C.B.

There are 3 closed records
    Thanks for this! I have seen the 1939 register for Domenico but not for his son Frank which is interesting thank you
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Quote Originally Posted by georgiasimeone View Post
    Sorry I was a bit vague on the info.

He got married in Liverpool on 29th October 1911, he was 39 years old and he married Maria Rosaria Innelli who was 19 years old. It says that Domenico was a mosaic worker and he lived on 71 Gerard Street, Liverpool. His father was called Francis Simeone but he was deceased. Just to also note, the surname on the marriage certificate is spelt Simeoni.

He died on the 2nd March 1942 in Snowdon Buildings in Fishponds, Bristol (which I managed to find out that this was a hospital for the elderly). He was 70 years old when he died. It says that his occupation was a marble layer (Journeyman). He was living in Clifton, Bristol. His wife Maria Rosaria Innelli (Simeone) signed the death certificate.

They had a total of 9 children:
    Francis Simeone b: 1914 Liverpool
    Antonio Augustino Simeone b:1916 Sheffield
    Raffaele Vincenzo Simeone b: 1918 Sheffield
    Orazio Gerard Simeone b: 1921
    Agostino Domenico Simeone b: 1923 Sheffield
    Nanmarie Teresa Simeone b: 1925 Sheffield
    M A Simeone b: 1928 Bristol
    D J L Simeone b: 1930 Bristol
    Joseph Michael Simeone b: 1934 Bristol

Joseph Michael Simeone is my grandfather who sadly passed away in 2004. None of his siblings are living.

I have found Maria Rosaria on quite a few censuses but I have not found Domenico on a census, which makes me think he did not come over to England until 1911?

As our T&C's don't allow the names of living people, or who may still be alive to be posted I have had to remove two names. I managed to find deaths for all the others.
    D J L Simeone died in August 2016 and M A died in May 1987.
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Quote Originally Posted by georgiasimeone View Post
    Yes, this was a previous post of mine but I was just seeing if anyone could help find any further info. as the information on that thread didn't seem to add up.
    hi thats fine but it may have helped people seeing whats already been done, good luck

Val

Quote Originally Posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    hi thats fine but it may have helped people seeing whats already been done, good luck
    Thank you, i'm so desperate to find out some information!!
    Georgia Mae Simeone

I know what it is like ,I'd love to find my 2 X Great Grandfathers Birth records, but dont hold out much hope,him being born in Lodz.

Val