Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian great grandfather

Hi,

After searching for over 3 years this is my last attempt at trying to find some information out about my great grandfather Domenico Simeone (i'm not 100% sure about the spelling of Domenico, or Simeone to be honest as this may have changed over time).

I think he was born in 1872 in Italy, not sure what part. I can't seem to find any records of a Domenico Simeone born in 1872 in Italy. His father was called Francesco Simeone and I believe Domenico had a brother called Frank.

I have been told that Domenico and Franks parents were killed, so they were sent to live with their Aunt who was cruel to them. I have then been told that Domenico came to England whilst his brother went to America. Again I have no proof of this.

The only records I have for Domenico is a marriage and death certificate. I would just like to find out who my great grandfathers parents are and where he was born.

Is any one able to help me please, I am so so desperate to find out this information!

Thanks in advance.
    Georgia Mae Simeone
    Georgia Mae Simeone

soooooooooooo

where and when did he get married?

Who did he marry?

Where and when did he die?

What about children?

Have you found him on any censuses?

You know this family well, we don't, and so we have to try to work back from known facts if we are to help you.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

is this his death???

Deaths Mar 1942 (>99%)
      Simeone Domenico 70 Bristol 6a 245
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

this is a previous thread about this family, save people wasting their time

Comment

IF that death is correct, this looks like him on the 1939 Register (on FMP) .......... his birth date is given as 3 May 1871

Dominico Simeone 03 May 1871 Mosaic Worker
          Maria R Simeone 03 Jan 1892 Unpaid Domestic Duties
          Antionio A Simeone 07 Mar 1916 General Labourer
          Marguerita A Wyatt (Simeone) 16 Jun 1928 At School
          Joseph M Simeone 26 Aug 1934 At School

Address:- 25 St James , Bristol C.B., Gloucestershire

Looking at the image, there are 3 more records that are still closed .... 2 between Antonio and Marguerita, and 1 between Marguerita and Joseph. These will be for children who are presumed to be still alive.

On the next page in the Register is a Frank Simeone living at 2 St James Square

Frank Simeone 23 Dec 1913 Mosaic Worker Heavy Worker

Address:- 2 St James Square, Bristol, C.B.

There are 3 closed records

Comment

drat!

Thanks Val!

Comment

Presumably this is the marriage certificate that your have?
              SIMEONI Dominic INNELLI Rosaria M Liverpool,Register Office or Registrar Attended Liverpool REG_LP/287/199

This is the church entry. St Joseph's RC Church. Unfortunately only the two father are named.

engl56170_282-jos-2-2_m_00415.jpg

Comment

This is from familysearch.org via ancestry. Is this a possibility for Domenico's father?

Name: Luigi Francesco Domenico Di Simone
                Birth Date: 17 mar 1834
                Baptism Date: 20 mar 1834
                Baptism Place: Civile, Cerignola, Foggia, Italy
                Father: Francesco Di Simone
                Mother: Serafina Monacelli
                FHL Film Number: 1178228
                Reference ID: 2:LFP16T
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 13-03-17, 23:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                  soooooooooooo

where and when did he get married?

Who did he marry?

Where and when did he die?

What about children?

Have you found him on any censuses?

You know this family well, we don't, and so we have to try to work back from known facts if we are to help you.
                  Sorry I was a bit vague on the info.

He got married in Liverpool on 29th October 1911, he was 39 years old and he married Maria Rosaria Innelli who was 19 years old. It says that Domenico was a mosaic worker and he lived on 71 Gerard Street, Liverpool. His father was called Francis Simeone but he was deceased. Just to also note, the surname on the marriage certificate is spelt Simeoni.

He died on the 2nd March 1942 in Snowdon Buildings in Fishponds, Bristol (which I managed to find out that this was a hospital for the elderly). He was 70 years old when he died. It says that his occupation was a marble layer (Journeyman). He was living in Clifton, Bristol. His wife Maria Rosaria Innelli (Simeone) signed the death certificate.

They had a total of 9 children:
                  Francis Simeone b: 1914 Liverpool
                  Antonio Augustino Simeone b:1916 Sheffield
                  Raffaele Vincenzo Simeone b: 1918 Sheffield
                  Orazio Gerard Simeone b: 1921
                  Agostino Domenico Simeone b: 1923 Sheffield
                  Nanmarie Teresa Simeone b: 1925 Sheffield
                  Marguerite Antoinette Simeone b: 1928 Bristol
                  Domenico Joseph Luigi Simeone b: 1930 Bristol
                  Joseph Michael Simeone b: 1934 Bristol

Joseph Michael Simeone is my grandfather who sadly passed away in 2004. None of his siblings are living.

I have found Maria Rosaria on quite a few censuses but I have not found Domenico on a census, which makes me think he did not come over to England until 1911?

As our T&C's don't allow the names of living people, or who may still be alive to be posted I have had to remove two names. I managed to find deaths for all the others. - NOW reinstated as assured they are deceased
                  Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 15-03-17, 09:25.
                  Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    this is a previous thread about this family, save people wasting their time
                    https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...light=domenico
                    Yes, this was a previous post of mine but I was just seeing if anyone could help find any further info. as the information on that thread didn't seem to add up.
                    Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                      Presumably this is the marriage certificate that your have?
                      SIMEONI Dominic INNELLI Rosaria M Liverpool,Register Office or Registrar Attended Liverpool REG_LP/287/199

This is the church entry. St Joseph's RC Church. Unfortunately only the two father are named.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18485[/ATTACH]

I have a copy of their marriage certificate which I ordered from the records office. I have not yet seen this version. Thank you!
                      Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                        This is from familysearch.org via ancestry. Is this a possibility for Domenico's father?

Name: Luigi Francesco Domenico Di Simone
                        Birth Date: 17 mar 1834
                        Baptism Date: 20 mar 1834
                        Baptism Place: Civile, Cerignola, Foggia, Italy
                        Father: Francesco Di Simone
                        Mother: Serafina Monacelli
                        FHL Film Number: 1178228
                        Reference ID: 2:LFP16T
                        I think it could be a possibility as Domenico had a son whose middle name was Luigi, so it would make sense for him to have named his son after his father?

The surname is slightly different but I don't know if Domenico would've anglicised his surname.
                        Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                          IF that death is correct, this looks like him on the 1939 Register (on FMP) .......... his birth date is given as 3 May 1871

Dominico Simeone 03 May 1871 Mosaic Worker
                          Maria R Simeone 03 Jan 1892 Unpaid Domestic Duties
                          Antionio A Simeone 07 Mar 1916 General Labourer
                          Marguerita A Wyatt (Simeone) 16 Jun 1928 At School
                          Joseph M Simeone 26 Aug 1934 At School

Address:- 25 St James , Bristol C.B., Gloucestershire

Looking at the image, there are 3 more records that are still closed .... 2 between Antonio and Marguerita, and 1 between Marguerita and Joseph. These will be for children who are presumed to be still alive.

On the next page in the Register is a Frank Simeone living at 2 St James Square

Frank Simeone 23 Dec 1913 Mosaic Worker Heavy Worker

Address:- 2 St James Square, Bristol, C.B.

There are 3 closed records
                          Thanks for this! I have seen the 1939 register for Domenico but not for his son Frank which is interesting thank you
                          Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by georgiasimeone View Post
                            Sorry I was a bit vague on the info.

He got married in Liverpool on 29th October 1911, he was 39 years old and he married Maria Rosaria Innelli who was 19 years old. It says that Domenico was a mosaic worker and he lived on 71 Gerard Street, Liverpool. His father was called Francis Simeone but he was deceased. Just to also note, the surname on the marriage certificate is spelt Simeoni.

He died on the 2nd March 1942 in Snowdon Buildings in Fishponds, Bristol (which I managed to find out that this was a hospital for the elderly). He was 70 years old when he died. It says that his occupation was a marble layer (Journeyman). He was living in Clifton, Bristol. His wife Maria Rosaria Innelli (Simeone) signed the death certificate.

They had a total of 9 children:
                            Francis Simeone b: 1914 Liverpool
                            Antonio Augustino Simeone b:1916 Sheffield
                            Raffaele Vincenzo Simeone b: 1918 Sheffield
                            Orazio Gerard Simeone b: 1921
                            Agostino Domenico Simeone b: 1923 Sheffield
                            Nanmarie Teresa Simeone b: 1925 Sheffield
                            M A Simeone b: 1928 Bristol
                            D J L Simeone b: 1930 Bristol
                            Joseph Michael Simeone b: 1934 Bristol

Joseph Michael Simeone is my grandfather who sadly passed away in 2004. None of his siblings are living.

I have found Maria Rosaria on quite a few censuses but I have not found Domenico on a census, which makes me think he did not come over to England until 1911?

As our T&C's don't allow the names of living people, or who may still be alive to be posted I have had to remove two names. I managed to find deaths for all the others.
                            D J L Simeone died in August 2016 and M A died in May 1987.
                            Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by georgiasimeone View Post
                              Yes, this was a previous post of mine but I was just seeing if anyone could help find any further info. as the information on that thread didn't seem to add up.
                              hi thats fine but it may have helped people seeing whats already been done, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                hi thats fine but it may have helped people seeing whats already been done, good luck
                                Thank you, i'm so desperate to find out some information!!
                                Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

I know what it is like ,I'd love to find my 2 X Great Grandfathers Birth records, but dont hold out much hope,him being born in Lodz.

Comment

Working...
                                  X