X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      ;) we should never have bought a Bungalow stairs are so good for keeping fit.
      Thank goodness I have one, I couldn't cope with an upstairs now. Arthritis is doing its best to slow me down. My knees hate steps and stairs.

Comment

ah but if you had stairs still you may not have got bad knees;)

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          ah but if you had stairs still you may not have got bad knees;)
          Nice, in theory but sadly no. I have only had a bungalow for the last 19 years. I have had arthritis in my spine, top and bottom for nearly 40. I started getting pains in my knees and left elbow in my mid thirties which was confirmed as arthritis as well. The chiropodist now tells me it's also in my right big toe. Never rains but it pours LOL

Comment

I cannot imagine how bad it must be for you, I fell badly onto my knees and left arm, now I am getting more and more pain,especially in that shoulder,which was diagnosed with Arthritis, but not bad enough for the pain I am getting so they say.
            Worst of it is cannot take Brufen which is the only thing that really helps me as I am on Warfarin, never ever thought I'd end up like this.
            Good luck

Comment

Ooh Val, that's rotten for you.
              I have always met with the same line from hospitals etc. that if I can do X then I can't be in the pain I say am in. Till I met my 2nd husband, I was on my own for roughly 15 years and while I'd loved not to have to do lots of things like bring in shopping, coals and logs etc. etc., I just blooming well had to or I'd have starved and frozen to death. The most they've ever said about the raging pain from sciatica is "you have an inherent weakness of the spine and there is nothing we can do surgically to assist. Keep taking the painkillers".

Incidentally, the warfarin thing. I don't take it but hubby used to for atrial fibrillation. He is now on Apixaban which is far better. He only needs his bloods taken every six months instead of every few weeks and there's far more things he can eat without causing problems. He also has a huge hernia and they gave him Co-Codamol (as Zapain) for that. I am sure he has had it since the time of the warfarin. It's a 500mg paracetamol/30mg codeine mix. They recently changed this for Tramadol but that disturbs his sleep so he has gone back to the Co-Codamol.
              It might be worth a discussion with your GP about the suitability of either of these for you or even a swap from the warfarin to Apixaban (brand name Eliquis). It is one of a new type of drug for heart problems. There are four types of these new drugs Apixaban, Rivaroxaban, Edoxaban and Dabigatran.
              Last edited by GallowayLass; 08-03-17, 15:17.

Comment

funny you should mention that ,Tom got a clot in his foot and they put him on it, I was quite jealous as he could take Brufen and stuff, I dont like Co-codamol it makes me feel whoozy and tired, the strongest I take is Paracetamol which does not help much.
                I did ask at the blood clinic about those tablets and she reckons Warfarin cost around 25p each and that costs £2.50 so quite a bit more, she also said there is no antidote if you bleed out.
                Great getting old aint it hope you do get some relief.

Comment

Working...
                X