Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returnee after 5 years away.

Hello

Thought I say hi. I'm a returnee after 5 yeas away and after watching a few episodes of "who do you think you are", I thought I give this another go.

I've been reading the intro threads and I will give the family tree software ago by using the free trails. I have two questions.

1) Subscription sites. Which site do people recommend? Do all these sites offer access to the same information (census etc) do you you have to pay for more that one to get full access?

2) Professional Family Tree publishing. Getting a bit a head of myself here but I thought I do some research on costs. I would love to have my family free professionally printed. I would love to have a scroll (or something) which showed as much info as possible to keep for my daughters. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Mark

if you dont have Findmypast then you are in luck its £1 for a month at the moment
    here is the thread about it

Comment

Hi Mark and welcome back
      If you do take out a free subscription to any do remember to cancel before the month is up if you don't want them to take the full amount for a year, as you have to give your card details when you take the 'free' offer.
      Ancestry and Find My Past both have all the same census, BMD's etc. The difference is that they each have certain things that the other one doesn't.
      You will find that each of us has our own preference for the different sites. Many like FMP but personally I can't get on with the searching at all and much prefer Ancestry. It seems to boil down to what you get used to. I have got FMP though but purely for the 1939 Register which can be very helpful.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Some libraries have free access to Ancestry/Find My Past, it differs around the country (and even between libraries in the same county).

Comment

Working...
        X