• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Margaret
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Still not ready for release.

The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.
      Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine

Comment

I'm getting extremely annoyed, if it was not ready for issue, WHY did they deactivate the sync with FTM14??

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
            I'm getting extremely annoyed, if it was not ready for issue, WHY did they deactivate the sync with FTM14??
            It needed to be deactivated in order to be able to test the new version.
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I did not know they had deactivated it , not done it for a few days, when did they do that

Comment

the correct way to test new software systems is by what is known as parallel running. ftm17 will be using a different system to ftm14, hence the need to upgrade. therefore there was no need to deactivate, with no 'overlap' period, except to force us to pay for an early upgrade that did not work in the first place.
                a very unprofessional approach from a software development company and I hope not an indication of their future support etc.

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                  the correct way to test new software systems is by what is known as parallel running. ftm17 will be using a different system to ftm14, hence the need to upgrade. therefore there was no need to deactivate, with no 'overlap' period, except to force us to pay for an early upgrade that did not work in the first place.
                  a very unprofessional approach from a software development company and I hope not an indication of their future support etc.
                  If you read the various links above, you will that it was the Ancestry end that the problems occurred ... some were unexpected.

I am not sure that £29 is a great deal to have paid up front as the upgrade and it is still available until they are ready for the final upgrade. (I had to pay the full whack of £79 plus VAT and prefer it to work when they launch .....).

If you need to vent about it then please go to their website - we are only giving out information about progress.

The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.
                  Caroline
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    I did not know they had deactivated it , not done it for a few days, when did they do that
                    Val - the sync was turned off on the 29th. The rest of it is working as normal as I understand it. It was in the email they sent out and on the link which Elaine had posted.
                    Caroline

Comment

thanks Caroline

Comment

thanks Caroline
                        Once they get the new sync sorted all trees will be brought up to date so I'm not stressing about it as my tree on ancestry is my first port of call anyway and I only use FTM to ensure I have everything saved onto my own hard drive come the day I stop subscribing.
                        Margaret

Comment

Thats good to hear about the updating, I keep mine in lot of places including my hard drive, too.

Comment

Thats good to hear about the updating, I keep mine in lot of places including my hard drive, too.
                            To be honest I consider my tree on ancestry to be the safest place!
                            Margaret

Comment

ooh I dont Margaret, although it should be ,I do have it on there and FMP, Tribal pages GR and FTM , plus my WD Passport, better safe than sorry.;D

Comment

I've just installed the Ancestry Android app. Not a lot of use apart from viewing/constructing an Ancestry tree, which I've never bothered with up to now. So the new sync with FTM 2017 will have some use when it arrives.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                                  I've just installed the Ancestry Android app. Not a lot of use apart from viewing/constructing an Ancestry tree, which I've never bothered with up to now. So the new sync with FTM 2017 will have some use when it arrives.
                                  Well the old sync was very useful for getting all the census images along with the source citations into an FTM tree without having to save them as images and then add them as such separately.
                                  The new sync will add flexibility in that we will be able to sync from any device rather than just the one where it was linked originally.
                                  Margaret

Comment

am i right to assume that they are still experiencing problems and the launch is still delayed?
                                    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
                                      am i right to assume that they are still experiencing problems and the launch is still delayed?
                                      Yes, they are still testing. I have a beta version as have many others. I don't think it will be long before it's fully released.
                                      Margaret

Comment

They are testing it first on volunteers Paul and they released this on the 3rd -
                                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Snap Margaret
                                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                          X