• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information just eager to give it a try ����
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Doesn't inspire with lots of confidence if they are still testing the new software :(

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
        Doesn't inspire with lots of confidence if they are still testing the new software :(
        It's not really the software they are testing it's the new sync process with Ancestry which has been introduced following Ancestry stopping the old one.

Margaret

Comment

The latest news:

and

The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Latest news:

The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.
            Elaine

Comment

Great news Elaine, thank you It looks as though it won't be long now then.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Looks like its on general release now, had an email today.

Comment

Looks like its on general release now, had an email today.
                  Not quite there yet, today's email was an invitation to join Test Drive 2. General release is aimed at July 15th.

..... "Assuming all has gone well, you just keep using the software until the final arrives - which we are targeting for July 15th."
                  Caroline
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

After a very long wait, it seems that the roll out of the new software will start this weekend, initially to test drivers and then to others who have ordered.

Tip - make sure you create a back up copy of your file before you install the download, just in case!
                    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 15-07-17, 06:52.
                    Elaine

Comment

Had my email through now so will be upgrading soon, has anybody taken the plunge yet? Any problems?

Comment

Had my email through now so will be upgrading soon, has anybody taken the plunge yet? Any problems?

Yes and no - but I still prefer Family Historian.
                        Caroline

Comment

yes I have and it all looks good , but took hours to load the media and then a lot was missing, not had time to sort it yet.

Comment

I've been (and it's not an exaggeration), using the new FTM for the last 5 days with only a few hours break (yep, I've nothing else to do at the moment and wanted to catch up on work I had held back for over a year).
                            Three very large trees, many additions, corrections, attaching/detaching uploading of media and repeated syncs and compacting.

Only problem I cam across, because like most of the 'engines' that are the background code for modern software, it is very memory hungry.
                            When having multiple browser windows, other applications etc open an running it has frozen three times.
                            Easy to close via Windows Task manager, reopen and continue with no errors or problems.

I think Val's missing media problem may be caused at the Ancestry end, as I keep getting leaf hints for records and media that is already in the tree and when you click on the leaf to go to Ancestry, it tells you that you already have it, so why does Ancestry tell FTM it's a hint?
                            And I have turned off 'hints from other trees', but Ancestry still shows them when FTM is open.
                            Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 23-07-17, 23:10.

Researching:
                            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

This hasn't gone very well at all!!!

did all the necessary back ups including to portable drive and the cloud, just in case. New software loaded on ok, my old existing tree showed up in the plan ready to convert. Went to convert the file and it came up with the continued error message of file corrupt. Tried numerous times over a couple of days in case it was a glitch, still no joy. If I went back to using 3.1 my family tree file opened ok as it had done before.
                              Contacted the online help, and although they were helpful net result was I had to export my old tree then re-import it again, net result something like 1500 links to ancestry from my tree now lost. These will all now need re-linking.
                              Tree now opens and appears to be fine.
                              Went to upload and sync to ancestry and now its saying amber alert there are issues don't sync tree now!! This has been like that for 24 hours.

So all in all not a happy bunny!

Comment

I haven't dared download it yet. Now I'm even more nervous Paul
                                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The software and tree all appear to be fine its just the previous links to ancestry records that are lost. I don't know if anybody else has had similar problems to me and is there an easier solution??
                                  Last edited by Paulc; 27-07-17, 10:29.

Comment

There was something mentioned on here ,think it was Elaine? who said depending on where you added the census records etc from some would not show? think I am right? trying to find the post.

Comment

Working...
                                    X