Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: New version of Family Tree Maker - IMPORTANT

thanks Margaret

thanks Elaine

Vallee

I'm getting extremely annoyed, if it was not ready for issue, WHY did they deactivate the sync with FTM14??

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
    I'm getting extremely annoyed, if it was not ready for issue, WHY did they deactivate the sync with FTM14??
    It needed to be deactivated in order to be able to test the new version.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

I did not know they had deactivated it , not done it for a few days, when did they do that

Vallee

the correct way to test new software systems is by what is known as parallel running. ftm17 will be using a different system to ftm14, hence the need to upgrade. therefore there was no need to deactivate, with no 'overlap' period, except to force us to pay for an early upgrade that did not work in the first place.
    a very unprofessional approach from a software development company and I hope not an indication of their future support etc.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
    the correct way to test new software systems is by what is known as parallel running. ftm17 will be using a different system to ftm14, hence the need to upgrade. therefore there was no need to deactivate, with no 'overlap' period, except to force us to pay for an early upgrade that did not work in the first place.
    a very unprofessional approach from a software development company and I hope not an indication of their future support etc.
    If you read the various links above, you will that it was the Ancestry end that the problems occurred ... some were unexpected.

I am not sure that £29 is a great deal to have paid up front as the upgrade and it is still available until they are ready for the final upgrade. (I had to pay the full whack of £79 plus VAT and prefer it to work when they launch .....).

If you need to vent about it then please go to their website - we are only giving out information about progress.

https://support.mackiev.com/498640-RELEASE-OF-FTM-2017
    Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    I did not know they had deactivated it , not done it for a few days, when did they do that
    Val - the sync was turned off on the 29th. The rest of it is working as normal as I understand it. It was in the email they sent out and on the link which Elaine had posted.
    Caroline

thanks Caroline

Vallee