Race White
      Father's Name Edward Anderson
      Father's Birthplace Sweden
      Mother's Name Lena Anderson
      Mother's Birthplace Sweden
      Citing this Record

"Massachusetts Births, 1841-1915

Comment

What I posted in #12 about Elina (Lina) are true facts. Though, sounds odd that Anderson used name "Fred" before coming to Anderson. Elina was Ã…djers by maiden name . Became Anderson when married. One of her children took surname Anderson and the other took surname Ã…djers. Hendricksen is something never seen before you Bertie introduced it.

I have a bunch of documents that my relatives have collected when searching info about Jan Petter. The collection work took place mostly 1940-1980. I can see church documents mentioning Lina Ã…djers in this bunch. It may be so that Lina has same blood with Jan Petter. I have not yet been eble to establish the connection. For some reason Lina offered Jan Petter a safe harbour when he came to the US.

I suggest that my post #12 is referred to when searching background for Lina. Name of the children etc.

/Seppo

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
        This is likely birth of daughter Edith:

Name Edith S. I. Anderson
        Event Type Birth
        Event Date 22 Nov 1898
        Event Place Clinton, Massachusetts
        Gender F
        Father's Name Edward Anderson
        Mother's Name Lena Hendricksen
        Citing this Record

"Massachusetts Births, 1841-1915

Am getting confused with Lina's surname now!

Comment

Re my post #19 is Johan Edward FRED / ANDERSON a relative of your Johan Petter?

Comment

Bertie, that is the big question. I should be able to find out. If I can not find out, I start to wonder why this young lady gave safe harbour to a 58 year old man from Finland. Was she his love child?

Re my post #19 is Johan Edward FRED / ANDERSON a relative of your Johan Petter?

Comment

I'm sure the mystery can be solved eventually!

What precise marriage details do you have for Llna & Johan?

Comment

Originally posted by siplax View Post
                Sorry, I did not see all the replys that have come befote posting my Lina-package. Will come back soon!

PS. To all: I am new with this forum. What we are now doing , is the great help you provide me with free of charge...? Just hobby for you?

/Seppo
                Welcome to FTF Seppo :smilee: all the information that our members post on your thread is free of charge, we do not charge for helping people out [we are all like minded people that sometimes have a break from our tree/s and help those that are stuck.] we do have some members that have their own sites and charge for some searches that they do, be it Military or Family History but in general we just help because we can. :smilee:

I see that you are on a roll there Bertie! :smilee:
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Per my post #17 I suspect that Hilja ADJERS is Elina's sister [there are other immigration docs for her e.g. 1905 giving her address as 72 Green St Clinton Mass] and Wilhelmina is her mother. If you suspect Elina to be a love child then Wilhelmina ADJERS [age 59 in 1904] would likely have had a relationship with JP ANDERSON - she is about the same age.

What do you have about the births of both Hilja and Elina that might support or exclude this possibility?
                  Last edited by Bertie; 09-02-17, 13:29.

Comment

Per my post #17 I suspect that Hilja ADJERS is Elina's sister [there are other immigration docs for her e.g. 1905 giving her address as 72 Green St Clinton Mass] and Wilhelmina is her mother. If you suspect Elina to be a love child then Wilhelmina ADJERS [age 59 in 1904] would likely have had a relationship with JP ANDERSON - she is about the same age.

What do you have about the births of both Hilja and Elina that might support or exclude this possibility?
                    Scrap that! Hilja is listed as a COUSIN of Edward Anderson. Although Wilhelmina is from the same place in Finland she is going to her husband Robert ERIKSON in Quincy Mass.

However - what birth information do you have for Elina?
                    Last edited by Bertie; 09-02-17, 13:52.

Comment

Thanks for clarification. This whole thing is just great!
                      /Seppo

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      Welcome to FTF Seppo :smilee: all the information that our members post on your thread is free of charge, we do not charge for helping people out [we are all like minded people that sometimes have a break from our tree/s and help those that are stuck.] we do have some members that have their own sites and charge for some searches that they do, be it Military or Family History but in general we just help because we can. :smilee:

I see that you are on a roll there Bertie! :smilee:

Comment

Given Johan Edward changed his name could he be the son of Jan Petter
                        Last edited by Bertie; 09-02-17, 14:23.

Comment

This could be Edward ANDERSON in 1910: although married family not present:

Name Edward Anderson
                          Event Type Census
                          Event Date 1910
                          Event Place Clinton, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
                          Gender Male
                          Age 32
                          Marital Status Married
                          Race White
                          Race (Original) White
                          Relationship to Head of Household Boarder
                          Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Boarder
                          Birth Year (Estimated) 1878
                          Birthplace Finland
                          Immigration Year 1895
                          Father's Birthplace Finland
                          Mother's Birthplace Finland
                          Sheet Letter B
                          Sheet Number 3

And this his naturalization:

Last edited by Bertie; 09-02-17, 14:45.

Comment

Herie is Edward's WWI Draft - with Lena...

Trying to find how Edward / Lena connect with Jan Petter ANDERSON

Comment

This information about Elina is from an official signed (1981) certification.

Father: Josef Henrik Carlson Ahlgren 31.7.1845 (Lappfjärd) - 27.7.1938.
                              Mother: Edla Sofia Josef Rudolfsdotter 8.1.1853 (Lappfjärd) - 20.5.1912
                              Children:
                              - Elina Sofia, 11.9.1877 (Lappfjärd), moved to Amerika 1896. Married in USA (5.9.1898, was added by pencil). This our Lina.
                              - Axel Selim (Adjers) 3.9.1879 (Lappfjärd) - 22.8.1945. Had 5 children. None of these people went to USA.
                              - Hulda Alexandra 1.10.1885 (Lappfjärd). Moved to USA 1902. Came back to Finland and moved to Kristinestad 20.5.1908.
                              - Josepf Viktor 20.3.1887 (Lappfjärd). Moved to Amerika 1906. Nothing more.
                              - Johan Hilmer 12.5.1889 (Lappfjärd). Moved abroad in the beginning of the 20th century. Possibly to the US.
                              - Hilda Emilia 22.9.1891 (Lappfjärd) - 12.8.1893.

Josef Henrik, Lina's father, was originally not Ahlgren but Ivars. He changed his name from Ivars to Ã…djers. And finally from Ã…djers to Ahlgren. Lina and at least Axel used surname Ã…djers.

And now to the finding. Elina Anderson (Ã…djers) was same blood with Jan Petter's wife Maja Greta Andersson. Elina is Maja Greta's brother's daughter. I. e. Elina was a cousin to Jan Petter's wife.

I will come back tomorrow.
                              /Seppo

Comment

F. Y. I. Lapfjärd is in Sweden. Björneborg and Helsinki/Helsingfors are in Finland.
                                /Seppo

Comment

Originally posted by siplax View Post
                                  Thanks for clarification. This whole thing is just great!
                                  /Seppo
                                  you are welcome :smilee:
                                  Julie
                                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I said that Lina was a cousin to Jan Petter's wife. No. Jan Petter's wife was an aunt to Lina. Nevertheless, now we know the connection between Jan Petter Andersson and Lina Anderson (born Ã…djers). There is no blood line connection between Jan Petter and Lina's husband , Mr. Anderson.
                                    /Seppo

Comment

Thanks for that. It still begs the question: why did Jan Petter go to Clinton Mass. to visit the niece of his wife?

Comment

Your question is the main driver for this search and has been that for at least 70 years! Something must have happaned to Jan Petter in Finland. Why would a married man with a family vanish just like that by immigrating to US. No one has ever talked about Jan Petter. No one. He did not exist any more. One of Jan Petter's daughters was married to an important person in Finland. This person tried also with his connections to find out. The information that I have been able to provide now is many times from this person's enquiries. Now with today's networking, huge databases and fuzzy seach logic engines we may get a hit.

Thanks for that. It still begs the question: why did Jan Petter go to Clinton Mass. to visit the niece of his wife?

Comment

I'll come back to this in the morning. As far as you know did any other ANDERSSON family relation of Jan Petter [e.g. wife, daughters, siblings] come to the USA?

Comment

Working...
                                          X