Any photo restorers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any photo restorers out there?

I have come across a really old photograph of my granddad, aged 4, but it is badly damaged.
    Can anyone do a restoration job on it?

It was a tiny image and I have scanned at medium and extremely high resolution
    They can be accessed from here

Thanks
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 05-02-17, 01:17.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 05-02-17, 01:42.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

one to get you started

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

ALAN

Comment

Thanks Alan.
          Do you have any charity that you support, I'll put a tenner to it for your work

Researching:

Comment

thanks but its just a hobby, I am just glad I can help

ALAN

Comment

thats great Alan you are clever

Comment

Thanks Val
                I only started with restoration of photos through searching my family history.I had some old and creased photos and wondered if I could take the creases out.I found it addictive and very rewarding and would recommend everyone has a go.
                You do not have to spend money on the programmes there are a few free prog available.
                I use Adobe elements for restoration and Lightroom for photography. I think Elements is about£50 and lightroom about £90

ALAN

Comment

you have done a few for me and I have always been thrilled with them

Comment

Hi Alan, I took your advice and used Photoshop CS6 tools, played around and practiced a bit.
                    But then did this (took three days)

It looks like I'll do my own from now on, but only if I have LOTs of time until I get slicker at it.

Originally posted by alan 128 View Post
                    Thanks Val
                    I only started with restoration of photos through searching my family history.I had some old and creased photos and wondered if I could take the creases out.I found it addictive and very rewarding and would recommend everyone has a go.
                    You do not have to spend money on the programmes there are a few free prog available.
                    I use Adobe elements for restoration and Lightroom for photography. I think Elements is about£50 and lightroom about £90

Researching:

Comment

TrevorFranklin Great job Time spent on it was worth it, Like the frame and the chair, time does go quickly, I find I have to give my eyes a break now especially when I edit photos, they always appear different to what I remember when I left them.
                      Alan

ALAN

Comment

The chair was actually in the original image, I only realised that when I switched it to B/W and changed the tone. The left side (as you look at it) was copy/pasted from the right side and flipped in reverse to recreate the damage part of the image.

I think you can see I started to give up at the end, as I left scratches in the lower sections and the left edge is poor.

But for a first attempt, I'm pleased.

I just wish I was as good at transcribing wills, but I just cannot get my eyes to see the text

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                        X