Alfred Stevens & Stevens Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
    I am a bit confused. Can someone please assure us that all these births after 1915 are now deceased?
    I sent an alert pm to the only moderator on last night at 6pm just in case, Chrissie.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Nellie (Edith) Stevens b 31 Dec 1893. Birth would be registered jan qtr 1894. I'm struggling to find one for her.
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
        I think you have missed a generation out here:
        You
        Your parents - Cecil Stevens and Kathleen Smith
        Grandparents?
        Great grandfather Alfred Stevens carpenter

My Grandparents who I am interested in were Nellie Edith Stevens who then married Wilson. My paternal grandparents.

My other maternal grandparents, I know about and might deal with them later.

At present I need to know about my paternal great grandfather.

By the way we do not allow living person's information on this site. Can we be certain both your parents have passed away? Yes.

All the information on your grandmother's marriage certificate tho would be needed to trace backwards.
        Is there any method of sending you my tree. I have it in Ancestry as 'Stevens Family Tree". I also have it on other genealogy sites.

Thanks again

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
          Interesting!!!

Cecil Walter married Kathleen Mary in 1938 in Leicester .................. BUT he is shown as having 2 surnames, Stevens and Wilson

I have a copy of the marriage certificate. Under name and surname it says "Cecil Walter Stevens, otherwise Wilson".

A member of the Leicester and Rutland Family History Society tells me that BOTH names are in two different records married to the same woman, my mother. Indeed it appears that she was married twice on the same day to two different men, Cecil Walter Stevens, and Cecil Walter Wilson.

Next week I plan to go to the Leicester Record Office to verify what is on their receords.

Comment

I don't have Ancestry now but still can view. If you send me an invitation to your tree I can view it on Ancestry. Have sent you a private message (pm) see notifications at top of this page.
            Kat

Comment

As it's a Public tree Michael it's available to anyone with Ancestry here - http://person.ancestry.co.uk/tree/10...60147875/facts
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes Kathleen is on the 1939 register with family Wilson

420 Gipsy Lane , Leicester C.B., Leicestershire, England
                Kathleen M (Mary) Geary (Stevens) 21 Jun 1916 Female Button Winder Married 18 4
                Nellie (Edith) Wilson 31 Dec 1893 Female House Worker Widowed 18 1
                Dorothy E Holmes (Wilson) 30 Aug 1923 Female Office Clerk Single 18 2
                Kathleen M Wilkinson (Wilson) 22 May 1926 Female At School Single 18

Marriages Sep 1958
                GEARY Elijah STEVENS Leicester 3a 1863

Deaths Jun 1977

GEARY KATHLEEN 18AU1894 LEICESTER C 6 2068

Yes, this is all correct. My mother married first Cecil Wlter Wilson then Elijah Geary.

Comment

Lol, she didn't marry two different men, she married one man who had two surnames he was known by - Wilson otherwise Stevens. Both surnames appear in the index to make it easier to find the marriage. There is only one marriage and one certificate.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                    Kat ................ do you have the right death for Kathleen Mary??

The 1939 Register says she was born 21 June 1916, but the death shows 18 Au 1894?
                    There are 2 errors there. He birthday was JAN 31 1916. I've seen the actual record and it could be viewed as JUN but it was Jan. the 1894 must be a typo for 1984?

Comment

Yes, that's the one.
                      Yes these are my paternal grandparents.
                      I know about my maternal grandparents.

Comment

I am a bit confused. Can someone please assure us that all these births after 1915 are now deceased? I realise that anyone on the 1939 are but others seem to have been mentioned too. I am hoping that you have all remembered that only the names of births 1915 or before can be given if you have checked that they are deceased?
                        Surely you mean 1915 or later?
                        Last edited by GallowayLass; 04-02-17, 10:20.

Comment

Can I send a family tree to the Forum? Sorry if I've missed that in the instructions.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStevens View Post
                            Can I send a family tree to the Forum? Sorry if I've missed that in the instructions.

Michael
                            I have given the link to it on reply #26

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                            Surely you mean 1915 or later?
                            Sorry GL, yes I meant 1915 or LATER:o

Comment

As it's a Public tree Michael it's available to anyone with Ancestry here - http://person.ancestry.co.uk/tree/10...60147875/facts
                              Sorry Chrissie - this is not true. I am logged into Ancestry now. I can only see my tree. I cannot see any public trees unless I pay sub. I have to have an invitation. Also even when you are invited you can only see the transcriptions of Ancestry images not the images themselves.
                              Kat

Comment

Sorry Chrissie - this is not true. I am logged into Ancestry now. I can only see my tree. I cannot see any public trees unless I pay sub. I have to have an invitation. Also even when you are invited you can only see the transcriptions of Ancestry images not the images themselves.
                                I meant anyone with an Ancestry sub Kat - sorry if it was misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStevens View Post
                                  My mothers maiden name was Stevens. Nellie Edith Stevens on her marriage certificate. She married Arthur William Wilson in Leicester on Jan 10th 1920. She was 27 he was 35 and a widower. My maternal grandfather's name is given as Arthur Stevens, a carpenter. It's him I want to find so I can follow the Stevens name. I cant find him anywhere.
                                  Are you saying we should be looking for Arthur or Alfred????? you put Alfred in your first posting
                                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 04-02-17, 10:45.
                                  Kat

Comment

I'm looking for Alfred Stevens, that is the last Stevens I have a record on a certificate for. Arthur was Nellie's husband. Sorry that first post of mine was incorrect.

Aplogies

Also confusing to me is that Nellie married Arthur William Wilson, whose father is listed on the marraige certificate as Arthur William Wilson, the same as his son.

Michael

Comment

Nellie Edith Stevens was married in 1920 and gives her age as 27 on the marriage certificate, so I guess she was born in 1893 ish.

Comment

I have the birth certificate of my father, Cecel Walter Stevens born in 1917. There is no father and his mother is Nellie Edith Stevens. So that's where the Stevens name came from, she married Arthur William Wilson later, in 1920.

Comment

The only birth I can find anywhere near to Nellie Edith Stevens is:

STEPHEN, NELLIE mmn GAMMIDGE
                                          GRO Reference: 1893 J Quarter in LEICESTER Volume 07A Page 326

and a marriage

Marriages Sep 1889
                                          Gammidge Sarah Elizabeth E Leicester 7a 402
                                          Stephens John Thomson Leicester 7a 402

No Alfred

**feeling flummoxed**
                                          Kat

Comment

Working...
                                          X