Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Help

Hi

I have got my family tree well underway on ancestry, Is there any software available to convert my tree into list form or a book?

Thanks

Well, since no one else stepped up to the plate, here's a go.
    Since your tree is already in Ancestry, Farmily Tree Maker might be a good choice. It probably handles records and links from Ancestry the best.

Most any of the genealogy programs are capable of reading a gedcom and creating a list. I suspect most if not all will create some sort of book. For a more formal publication, several people at ftf have mentioned their successes. You might want to check the reference library here:
    How to structure a book on your family history There must be many ways to do this, but here is what I did. Images shown as examples have sensitive information blacked out. I included pages such as acknowledgements etc, but haven’t mentioned these here. Preparation I looked through the information I had and decided which family units I had enough information to make it worth my while writing them up properly. The further back I go I only have baptism, marriage and burial data with no biographical detail at all – it’s worth mentioning them but not worth giving them a section to themselves. The family units [father, mother and children…one of whom is a direct ancestor] were each given a section number. Contents Pages The contents pages consist of 9 family trees showing only direct ancestors. The first one shows my children up to their great-grandparents (4 generations). As

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X