Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This could be fun (footballer Charlie george)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be fun (footballer Charlie george)

I'll start by saying I have a monthly ancestry sub but when trying to view records it says I haven't. Anyway I was looking for info on my grandad William George.i am trying to work forward to find remaining family. Someone commented that he could well of been related to the footballer Charlie George who was born around the same area of Holloway Islington.william had a brother called Frederick and Charlie george has a middle name Frederick. I know with family history this means nothing so would love to find out more. Anyone able to help me with either Charlie George the footballer William George my grandad or the George surname in general. Thank you in advance this may be a long shot but after researching the George family for years and not being able to move forward I'm hoping there is something in this.claire

i looked on Wikipedia and it says Charlie George still works for Arsenal doing tours etc. maybe worth writing to him via the club to see if its him?
    Angelina

Comment

Also checked freebmd and the footballer doesnt have any brothers called william or frederick tho they could be cousins - i think its worth a letter just to sort out this idea either way.
      Angelina

Comment

Hi thank you for your info and reply. I'm sorry it's my grandad william who has the brother Frederick.

Comment

Presumably William George has passed over? you don't give any details as to his DOB/POB do you know if he married?
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

he was born 1924 and died in 1958 i didnt give this info as i already have his birth marriage and death certificate. its his siblings that i cant move forward with. i am hoping to find some living relatives for my mum as other than her dad (william george) who died on her fourth birthday the line is dead. william married my grandma ivy in 1949. hoping someone might recognise my grandad or be able to lead me in the right direction. charlie george the footballer lives in the right area and in an interview mentions his grandparents died before he was born which is correct in my instance. william had a brother frederick so trying to find out if he was charles frederick georges father (charlie)

Comment

if you have his birth certificate it should say his mothers maiden name. so then go to freebmd and see if you can find william there in 1924 with right mothers maiden name.
              then do a new search with just george as fathers surname and whatever is mothers maiden surname (dont put in any dates) and see if you can find any that might be Frederick with same mother surname. beware tho sometimes people have 2 names eg brian albert and are known as albert for the rest of their lives.!
              Angelina

Comment

Thank you I have already done that mothers maiden name is Flanagan. I have all the siblings names but the only one I can find a 90รท marriage for is his sister Sarah selina George. She married someone with the surname hoy.thanks.x

Comment

have sent you a private message.
                  Angelina

Comment

Working...
                  X