Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walsy55 View Post
    Yes, I have looked, but can't locate any parish records. Her details are:

Mary Ann Canacott – born abt. 1821 in Talaton, Devon and died on 9th November 1855 at 11 Riley Street, Bermondsey.

She married Robert Hepper on 29th October 1854 at St Mary’s Church, Newington, Surrey.

The only reference I can find for her death is the Oct-Dec 1855 index. Death was registered at Bermondsey on 12th November 1855.
    I can't spot anything online or in the NBI, have you tried emailing the LMA in London? they might be able to help.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There is a Mary Ann Happer burial on the London Non Coms on Ancestry

Mary Ann Happer
      B abt 1821
      Burial 16 Nov 1811 1855

Residence looks like Riley ? On image

Buried at Victoria Park Cemetery, Hackney

No indication of baby being buried with her

Vera
      Last edited by vera2013; 19-01-17, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
        There is a Mary Ann Happer burial on the London Non Coms on Ancestry

Mary Ann Happer
        B abt 1821
        Burial 16 Nov 1811 1855

Residence looks like Riley ? On image

Buried at Victoria Park Cemetery, Hackney

No indication of baby being buried with her

Vera
        ohh Vera that does sound promising, I didn't think to check non cons!.. sleep deprivation is lovely!
        Julie

Comment

Darksecretz & vera – This is most definitely the right person, and I am delighted to have this information relating to her burial. I, too, didn’t look in the non-conformist index, so it goes to show how easy it is to miss things if you leave stones unturned! The name should, of course, have been recorded as ‘Hepper’ which is the correct spelling. Many thanks for finding this for me.

It has surprised me that she was buried at Victoria Park Cemetery, when she died in Bermondsey. Is there anything significant about Victoria Park? As far as I am aware, all of her immediate family lived south of the Thames in the Bermondsey, Newington & Walworth areas, and I can’t think of a reason why she wasn’t buried somewhere in those areas. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by walsy55 View Post
            Darksecretz & vera – This is most definitely the right person, and I am delighted to have this information relating to her burial. I, too, didn’t look in the non-conformist index, so it goes to show how easy it is to miss things if you leave stones unturned! The name should, of course, have been recorded as ‘Hepper’ which is the correct spelling. Many thanks for finding this for me.

It has surprised me that she was buried at Victoria Park Cemetery, when she died in Bermondsey. Is there anything significant about Victoria Park? As far as I am aware, all of her immediate family lived south of the Thames in the Bermondsey, Newington & Walworth areas, and I can’t think of a reason why she wasn’t buried somewhere in those areas. Any suggestions?
            from what I can gather Walsy, the main churchyard in Bermondsey closed for burials in 1854 so they had to use alternate ones.. [I think that the Bermondsey one was St Mary Magdalene, but don't quote me!]

maybe Vic Park was the nearest one that was open at that time?
            Julie

Comment

Working...
            X