Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give an approx date of this photo please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give an approx date of this photo please?

Can anyone give an approx date of this photo please?

The attached photo is my Grandma's mother Lydia Davis nee Board, with probably 5 of her other daughters.
    There were 13 children in total, 8 Girls and 5 boys.

I can't see my Grandma on this picture so I'm guessing it was taken after she married in 1903.
    Attached Files
    teresa

My first thought was somewhere around 1910ish.
    Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

My gran's wedding in 1917 shows family wearing similar blouses and skirts.

Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

This one of my maternal gt grandparents 25th Wedding Anniversary shows that by 1910 women were still wearing very high necklines https://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki..._Katarzyna.jpg.

Have a look at our costume gallery

Edit: I've just noticed in your photo how short the girls skirts are - I would say definitely nearer 1920's as skirt hemlines had only crept up to just above the ankles by 1910.
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 26-10-17, 11:28.
        Kat

Comment

What is the uniform being worn

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          My gran's wedding in 1917 shows family wearing similar blouses and skirts.

Hi could you tell me what the uniform is being worn , is it naval
          I have an old photo approx 1919 which I am trying to work out if its my grandad he is wearing the same uniform but I thought by my research he was in the grenadier guards so now confused
          Thank you for your help

Comment

From his service record he was a Stoker Petty Officer in the Royal Navy Engineering Branch. The 3 bladed propeller with a star above and below it on his right arm shows his rank and profession.

Perhaps then the photo is not of your grandfather although he could have swapped between services. Do you have his service record?
            Kat

Comment

Working...
            X