No announcement yet.

£6 certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies I was looking for a death in the 1960's which is currently unavailable.
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
      PDF copies of all birth, death, marriage and civil partnership records, within 3 hours. These PDFs will cost £45.
      £45!!!!!!!!

...and I thought Ancestry were expensive charging £23!!!!!
      Last edited by PeteW1959; 16-11-16, 20:10.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

Worth it to the heir hunting trade though. I shouldn't think anyone else would be willing to pay that much.

OC

Comment

Most questions are answered on the GRO website under the “Most Customers Want to Know...” option. Questions such as –

“Q3. Which records are available to search in the new GRO index?
          Historic birth and death records will be made available to search. These are birth records from 1837 to 1915 and death records from 1837 to 1957.

Q4. Why have you chosen those records?
          The new index has been created from the records digitised at GRO. Currently that includes births from 1837 to 1915 and deaths from 1837 to 1957, but not marriages, which have not yet been digitised.

Q5. How have you defined "historic" records?
          We have used the same dermarcation as used by the National Records of Scotland and GRO Northern Ireland i.e.

Births over 100 years
          Deaths over 50 years

Q6. Why aren’t death records shown up until 1965 rather than 1957?
          Death records have been digitised up to 1957 but not beyond at this stage.”

What I find interesting is the Pilot Schemes seem to indicate that records other than Historic BMDs (are) will be available, i.e.-
          “...birth and death records registered 2007 onwards, civil partnership records registered December 2005 onwards, and marriages registered 2011 onwards)”
          I am not able to get to one of the archives to search the available BMD indexes to get the GRO reference of some of these later Births otherwise I would have tried to see if uncertified PDFs are actually available for these.

From the suggestion regarding Pilot 3 all registers entries at the GRO from the start of civil registration up to date will be available (with the exception of Stillbirths).
          This seems to be at odds with their Historic Registers policy.
          Cheers
          Guy
          Last edited by Guy; 17-11-16, 04:59. Reason: white space
          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

I ordered some PDFs 16th with an estimated supply date of 23rd. Haven't been lucky in getting them a few days early. Crossing my fingers for a full inbox tomorrow as estimated.

Comment

My order of 11 were due & received yesterday.
              Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
                My order of 11 were due & received yesterday.

What time of day did they arrive? It's 15:10 and nothing has appeared for me yet.

Comment

Just seen on my Facebook page that although the trial will officially end on the 30th they have had so many requests in that it could end any time now, so if anyone is dithering I should get a wiggle on and order NOW.

Margaret.
                  Margaret

Comment

I ordered four on 11th and four more on 13th. Seven arrived yesterday and the other one still hasn't come today.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                      What time of day did they arrive? It's 15:10 and nothing has appeared for me yet.
                      I received the emails between 10am & 11am.
                      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        Just seen on my Facebook page that although the trial will officially end on the 30th they have had so many requests in that it could end any time now, so if anyone is dithering I should get a wiggle on and order NOW.

Margaret.
                        When it was launch they said it would end 30/11/16 or after 45000 orders, whichever was sooner.
                        Jay

Comment

Quite disappointed. 18:42 and still nothing here.

Comment

Quite disappointed. 18:42 and still nothing here.
                            I have another one due today but no sign of it yet & don't expect it will be today.
                            Jay

Comment

I've had three so far - all before the despatch date.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Sadly, nothing as yet and it's now 11:30am. I am still "in progress". I see they have a notice that they are very busy and orders might take longer than expected. If nothing appears by 5pm tomorrow, I doubt there will be anything till Monday morning at the earliest. That will be day 13 and longer than it takes to get paper copies, even at busy times like post WDYTYA show.
                                Last edited by GallowayLass; 24-11-16, 10:24.

Comment

They have been sending them out over the weekend as well late into the evening so there is a chance you could get them then if not before.

Cheers
                                  Guy

Comment

Thanks Guy.

Comment

Sadly, nothing as yet and it's now 11:30am. I am still "in progress". I see they have a notice that they are very busy and orders might take longer than expected. If nothing appears by 5pm tomorrow, I doubt there will be anything till Monday morning at the earliest. That will be day 13 and longer than it takes to get paper copies, even at busy times like post WDYTYA show.

might answer your query GL
                                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Kat. Seems like I'm in for an even longer wait than Peter Calvert.

Comment

I received two orders I submitted at 19.19 on 14 November today at 07.43.
                                          The estimated delivery was the 22nd so a few days late (but the project is in test mode).

However the good news is thanks to the new time machine at the GRO they arrived before they were dispatched 25/11/2016 07:44:55.

If their trial with this new time machine works well we may soon be receiving orders before we’ve placed them. ;)

Cheers
                                          Guy

Comment

Working...
                                          X