Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Codd : Wexford, Ireland

Hi,

Does anyone have this family in their family tree or could help? Helping out a friend locate his ancestor from Wexford Ireland.

Alice Codd born about 1863 Wexford, Ireland

Parents: Thomas or James Codd and Joan Murphy

Brother: Thomas

Sister: Mary

This family went to South America before 1879

Any information is much appreciated

Regards

Maria

Hello Maria,

what kind of info are you looking for? Alice in USA? before? what information do you already have [to save duplicating it]
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie, it says they went to South America. Much more difficult to research I believe.
      Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
        Julie, it says they went to South America. Much more difficult to research I believe.
        Anne
        hmmn I can't even spot an Alice b. 1863 either...lol..

not my day !
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie and Anne,

I am trying to help out a friend who wants information about this family in Wexford, Ireland he already has information about them in South America.

Firstly trying to locate birth record of Alice Codd born about 1863 and hopefully it will be easier to then find her parents, brother and sister.

Thank you.

Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Siam01 View Post
            Hi Julie and Anne,

I am trying to help out a friend who wants information about this family in Wexford, Ireland he already has information about them in South America.

Firstly trying to locate birth record of Alice Codd born about 1863 and hopefully it will be easier to then find her parents, brother and sister.

Thank you.

Maria
            Statutory birth registration only started in Ireland in 1864 so if Alice was born before that you won’t get a birth certificate. You might get her baptism though. I searched the civil registers and didn’t see a birth for her 1864 onwards in Wexford so would suggest you search the parish records prior to 1864. I assume she was RC.

If you don’t know which parish she came from in Wexford (there are about 40 RC parishes in the county) then you might be best to search on rootsireland which has most of them on-line. (Subscription). If you do know where she lived, then you can search free. The RC parish records are on-line on the National Library site:

This website contains images from the NLI’s collection of Catholic parish register microfilms. The registers contain records of baptisms and marriages from the majority of Catholic parishes in Ireland and Northern Ireland up to 1880.

Likewise for her parents marriage as RC marriages were only recorded in the stat registers from 1864 onwards too.
            Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Hi Elwyn,

Thank you for your information.

We do not know the parish but assume is RC.

So I will check rootsireland and the free RC parish records.

Thank you.

Maria
              Last edited by Siam01; 09-11-16, 02:51.

Comment

Working...
              X