Me again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me again!!

Different line now! Trying to find Mary Ann Elizabeth Ebbsworth before she marries one of my 3 x great grandfathers! On the first census they are on together in 1891 she is down as being born in 1869, Blewbury, Berkshire. I cannot find her on the 1881 or the 1871. There is one (Mary Ebsworth) which says born in Middlesex and going forward to the 1891 census it's not her. There is also an Elizabeth Ann Ebbsworth 1867, Ashworth on an Ancestry tree born in Ashbury, Berkshire - could this credibly be her? Can't seem to find a marriage either? I'm sure I'm just missing something really obvious but I can't see what!
    Thanks for having a read (again)!
    Tessie

Do you mean you can't find Mary Ann Elizabeth Ebbsworth's marriage to your ancestor? There's a marriage for Mary Ann E Ebsworth in Shoreditch district in Q2 1883 -spouse either Robert Fairman or John Samuel Holloway.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Found that marriage on ancestry http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/16...nSearchResults
      Mary married John Holloway - is this your relative. If so her father is named as George Ebsworth
      Last edited by JudithM; 25-09-16, 20:40.

Comment

Ah, I've just found your Mary born 1869 Blewbury, Berks on the 1891 census and see she was married to John Shephard and living in Ardington, Berkshire so the marriage I found is a red herring. How did you know the full maiden name if you haven't got Mary's birth or marriage? Is there other info you have which might help track her down?
        Last edited by JudithM; 25-09-16, 20:55.

Comment

Marriage of Mary Ann E EBSWORTH to John SHEPHERD Wantage district Q4 1886

It took place in Blewbury, Berks on 7 Nov 1886 see Find My Past http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=r_850692090 John's surname transcribed here as Sheppard
          Last edited by JudithM; 25-09-16, 21:06.

Comment

Judith, someone has her on Ancestry but no info. for before her marriage like me. I can't find their marriage unless she was married before? I suppose that's another thing to look at that I hadn't thought of?

Comment

just occurred to me to look at the 1911 census. According to that they had been married for 24 years, her name is as above but I can't work out her birth place on it as it is different to Blewbury, Berkshire!?

Comment

The first word of the place is South. The second is unclear but FMP transcription says South Row. I googled that and there is a South Row in Chilton, Didcot which is supposed to be a village in the Blewbury and Harwell ward of Wantage constituency.

Comment

Google maps shows South Row to be barely 4 miles west of Blewbury.

Comment

On Ancestry her birth place in the 1911 has been transcribed as South Mere, which is near to Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, but I think it is more likely to be South Moreton which is just up the road from Blewbury.
                    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

When looking for Mary Ann Elizabeth, Ancestry threw up a cross ref with Mary Jones and I wonder if they are one and the same

In 1871 Mary Jones aged 1 b Blewbury is with

Noah Ebsworth aged 26 Ag Lab b Blewbury
                      Mary Ebsworth aged 22 b Aston

living London St, Blewbury

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

in 1881 there is an

Elizabeth Ebsworth aged 11 born Southmoor with

Noah Ebsworth 36 Ag Lab b Blewbury
                      Mary Ebsworth 32 b Aston
                      Charles " 6 b Blewbury
                      Morris " 2 b "

living Nottingham Terrace, Blewbury

In 1870 2nd Q Wallingford Reg Noah married either Mary Jones or Jane Stimpson

Mary/Elizabeth was not with Noah and Mary in 1891

Vera
                      Last edited by vera2013; 26-09-16, 03:01.

Comment

On FreeBMD, there is Elizabeth Ann Jones whose birth is registered Jun q 1869 in Abingdon area. Abingdon includes Southmoor.
                        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanks Ladies! Looks like she maybe was either registered in her mother's surname (if Jones) either because not yet married or another man was her father? All that sounds feasible as all within a few miles of each other

Comment

Can either of you find John Snoswell b. 1792, Speen, Berkshire or Mary Snoswell nee Smith b. 1785, Chieveley, Berkshire on the 1841 census? I can find one son Joseph surname spelt Snowell in Newbury but not them?
                            Thanks so much the help so far, thinkIi will be stopping my Ancestry sub in a month and getting on FMP!

Comment

Noah Ebsworth

Hi there.

I came across your post today and wondered if maybe we could connect a few dots. You mention Nosh Ebsworth. Are you related to him. Noah is my grandfathers grandfather. He had a son Charles who had 3 girls and two boys. The older boy Charlie Edward aebsworth was my grandfather.

Would be lovely to find some new relatives

Aoife

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                              Different line now! Trying to find Mary Ann Elizabeth Ebbsworth before she marries one of my 3 x great grandfathers! On the first census they are on together in 1891 she is down as being born in 1869, Blewbury, Berkshire. I cannot find her on the 1881 or the 1871. There is one (Mary Ebsworth) which says born in Middlesex and going forward to the 1891 census it's not her. There is also an Elizabeth Ann Ebbsworth 1867, Ashworth on an Ancestry tree born in Ashbury, Berkshire - could this credibly be her? Can't seem to find a marriage either? I'm sure I'm just missing something really obvious but I can't see what!
                              Thanks for having a read (again)!
                              Tessie

Comment

Hopefully Tessie will check in and see this, how lovely if you are both connected.
                                Julie
                                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Aoife, Noah Ebbsworth is one of my 4 x great grandfathers he was my Grandad's great great grandfather - not sure how you work out how we're related but nice to know someone else out there is also researching the tree

Tessie

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                                    Hi Aoife, Noah Ebbsworth is one of my 4 x great grandfathers he was my Grandad's great great grandfather - not sure how you work out how we're related but nice to know someone else out there is also researching the tree

Tessie

Hi Tessie

Can I ask which child of Noah's are you are descendant of? I am a descendant of his son Charles. I am presuming Maurice as their sister died very young by the sounds of it.

Also did you know that Noah has 16 other siblings. His parents were John (1802) and Eliza (1806) but thats as far as I have gone back. Noah is buried in Blewbury too.

I have managed to find pictures of his brother Orson too.

Let me know if you would like to talk off line.

Aoife Gibson-Ebsworth

Comment

[QUOTE=Aoife;n1119803]

Hi Tessie

Can I ask which child of Noah's are you are descendant of? I am a descendant of his son Charles. I am presuming Maurice as their sister died very young by the sounds of it. I am a descendant of Mary/Elizabeth Jones (or Ebsworth) - I think she was either born before they married or she was illegitimate! I STILL haven't found her birth!

Also did you know that Noah has 16 other siblings. His parents were John (1802) and Eliza (1806) but thats as far as I have gone back. Noah is buried in Blewbury too. Oh wow, no - I think I only have 8 others on my main tree - I'll have to go back and check them out

I have managed to find pictures of his brother Orson too. I love that there are some old pictures about from a long time ago

Hi Aiofe, sorry it's taken so long to reply (above in red)!! I have just come back to this line as I am STILL missing the birth for Mary/Elizabeth Jones (or Ebsworth)!

I'm hoping someone can help

I have tried looking for Mary Jones b. Berkshire 1868-1871 and found one in Highworth 1870 (middle name Ann) quarter is correct for 1939 birth date but according to GRO MMN is Langford and I haven't come across Mary Jones (Mother) being married before.

Also Elizabeth Jones b. Berkshire 1868-1871 and found the one Ozgirl mentions in 1869 but doesn't tie up with birth date on the 1939, also one in 1871 Faringdon but wrong quarter for birth date!

There is also an Elizabeth Ebsworth b.1868 Faringdon right quarter for 1939 details but again MMN os Willis.

I'm struggling to tie these up as normally Blewbury would I think come under Wantage for reg. district!?

If anyone has any spare time and is willing to look i'd be greatful

Tessie

Comment

Is the 1939 the Sarah Ann Shepherd b 23 Oct 1869? If so there Is a birth reg on GRO for Sarah Ann Ebsworth b Dec q 1869 Abingdon. No mmn

Vera

Comment

Working...
                                        X