Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white arrow cursor keeps freezing

Good morning
    for about a week now my wifes pc cursor keeps freezing after about 3-4 minutes of being online .
    I managed on Wednesday to System Restore back about a month (24th June ) but it still keeps freezing - any advice please as how to rectify this ??
    thanks
    Allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I asked this question in 2013 - found a link for it - I will see if that thread will find the answer ....cheers
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Hi Garstonite, if it is a wireless mouse, change the batteries, if its a mouse wired with a wheel or ball underneath, give it a good clean, particles of hair, dust anything at all collect on them, if it a mouse wired, but with out the wheel or Ball, just a red light, it is probably a break in the cable, if you know anyone who can lend you a mouse just check it out, do that first, these mice are so cheap these days its not worth messing about with.

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert ....it is a laptop but it is sorted now - F8 before starting Windows seems to have solved the problem ....cheers....Allan

Comment

Glad you have it fixed.
          Just as a matter of interest, is it an Acer laptop with one of their all in one touchpads (not split near the front for left and right click buttons). I had one bought in 2014 and it drove me nuts. Always a frozen cursor. Toggling F8 got it going again but after 10 mins or so it froze again. It was back to Curry's 3 times for repairs but all they did was muck about with the drivers and the Windows software. They would not replace the touchpad despite it being all over the net that that particular Acer touchpad was known to be prone to faults. After the 3rd repair, the guarantee was up so I ended up buying another laptop. It seemed to be working ok but I had lost confidence in it. A pity really as it was otherwise a great wee machine. Light and zippy.

Comment

Working...
          X