Windows 10 start button and printer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 start button and printer problems

From time to time my start button decides not to work for a while, then it comes back. Usually this is not a huge problem but I have discovered today that while it's not working, neither will my printer grrrrr! It scans to PC but won't print from PC (HP Envy 5532). I have checked for printer updates and none are available. I want to check for W10 updates but don't know how to without the blasted start button!!

Please can someone help me before I trash something?

Thanks
    Rose

I've had similar problems with the start button not working - it seems to coincide with windows updates either being downloaded or installed.
    It comes back .. eventually!
    Elaine

Comment

If your keyboard hasn't also packed up at the same time, you should have a Windows key there. Mine is by the Alt key, left of the space bar.

I find that the whole laptop freezes when an installation/update starts. I know now not to panic, just to press the On/Off button and it will unfreeze and continue whatever it's trying to do.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Yes, it's stopped working and come back before so I know not to panic. The keyboard button doesn't bring it up either. I'd really like to check windows updates but can't find where to look and I really need to print something
        Rose

Comment

Working...
        X