Sussex Family History Group facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex Family History Group facebook

I've been a member of Sussex Family History Group for a while now, and have contributed some gravestone photos and will transcripts as well as receiving a huge boost to my research via their online data and their quarterly magazine Sussex Family Historian popped through my letterbox yesterday.

I was pleased to see in the magazine that there is now a Facebook page, it's a closed group but you only have to be on Facebook to join - there are surname interests, some parish photos and a lot of local knowledge.

I may see you there!

Sussex Family History Group is a registered charity with the aims of promoting the study of genealogy and family history, and encouraging the preservation, transcription and publication of relevant...

I joined on Thursday after reading about it in the magazine too!! I think the membership of the page has doubled already. I was reading about a member's collection of postcards yesterday and thought of yours.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline - I just realised I hadn't "liked" our FTF facebook page :o so I've just sorted that out.

I'll have to look at my Sussex postcards and see what I've got that might be of interest.

Comment

Thanks for this - just joined.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for that Jill
          I had let my FHG membership lapse, as I was not really using it, but have masses of information on the Herstmonceux Pursgloves

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Jill, - I've now joined.

I'm looking at Dyers and Pattendens in East Grinstead, Sussex.

Holly.

Comment

Thanks for this. I just asked to join as well. Maybe I'll break down one of my brickwalls.

Comment

Working...
              X