MS Word 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Word 2010

I have a laptop Windows 7 using Word which appears to have developed a problem. When I open this program and start to type the text appears without any margins at all. I have checked the settings over and over again they appear to be 2.54 top and bottom but this measurement is not applied. The text starts at the very top of page no edge at all and down to the very bottom and side to side they are set the same. I have spent about four days looking at every possible reason. I have never had reason to change this setting.
    I wish to know if I am able to run my WORD program again in the hope that it will correct whatever is wrong. If so would I need to remove the program or would it just overwrite. Other ideas most welcome. Thank you for any help.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

It sounds as if you are running Word in draft mode. I have WORD 2007 so I don't know if 2010 is the same but in 2007 to change this go to the View Ribbon and then the different layouts are listed at the left end with the current one highlighted. You will probably want to change to Print Layour.

David

Comment

David, Thank you so much but nothing helped and after many more hours I searched Google again and this was the reply - hope this helps others. It worked just like that!
      I had fiddled with my difficult Canon MG4250 last week and tried to change paper size on the printer.
      Quote from Google:
      I'm having the problem with 2010 Word. I also have 2007 Word, and it does the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix it on 2010 Word? (this particular question not my problem)
      Unexpectedly simple solution:
      1. Go slowly to the top of your document. The mouse coursor should have been changed into small sqare with two arrows.
      2. Click DOUBLE mouse. It should activate the vertical margins scale.
      3. Enjoy your Office.
      Last edited by Margaret N; 18-05-16, 22:06.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X