Stills from video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stills from video

Hi .. Does anyone use a free program that will take stills from a video please.

On Windows 7 there is a preinstalled programme called Snipping Tool which i use to take stills from things like Youtube. Its very simple to use. If its not showing on your start list just click on Start and type Snipping it should show up

Comment

I agree with Luddy.
      Pause the video at the point you want to capture the image from
      Use the Snipping Tool to draw around and capture the frame you have paused at

Save the capture by clicking on the save Icon in the snipping tool

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

The snipping tool is in Windows 10 too. I have it saved to my task bar because I use it a lot. Its specially useful for clipping from newspapers and much better than saving the whole page.
        Anne

Comment

If you use the VLC player you can take a snapshot. Go to Video/Take a Snapshot.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I have it sorted now. I always used Clipping tool but after having windows 10 installed for some reason it wouldn't work. I played around a bit and all is well again. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X