Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox

Can somebody tell me how to get it to just add files and photos I want as its been adding files for hours and now told me I have no room left and to upgrade.
    Also if I uninstall it what happens to the stuff in it will it still be on my PC ? thanks

I use File Explorer and just drag and drop the files that I want into the Dropbox folder on the desktop. It will then upload these to the cloud.
    This might help ..
    You can upload files and folders to your Dropbox account on dropbox.com and the Dropbox desktop app.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      Also if I uninstall it what happens to the stuff in it will it still be on my PC ? thanks
      They will still be on your PC as long as you have copied the files to Dropbox - rather than moved them!
      Elaine

Comment

Yes, I do the same as Elaine. I drag and drop the files I want to copy to there for safety (away from my computer). BUT I don't let it automatically copy files as I just use the free amount. Things like photos and other big things I save on a separate hard disc.
        One thing I do every day that I have updated it is to copy my Family Historian project folder to Dropbox. It is very quick, much quicker than saving to a memory stick, so that encourages me to do it often!
        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          One thing I do every day that I have updated it is to copy my Family Historian project folder to Dropbox. It is very quick, much quicker than saving to a memory stick, so that encourages me to do it often!
          My Family Historian project folder is permanently stored in Dropbox - I'm then able to access it and update the data from either my desktop or laptop.
          Same applies to any Family Tree Maker files I am working on.
          Elaine

Comment

thanks everyone I just opened it and it started to save all my files automatically , so if it saved them and I uninstall it they will all go with it ? sugar.
            How can I get the ones I did not want in there out again ?

Comment

You should be able to see the Dropbox folder in File Explorer.
              Your listing might look slightly different but hopefully you can see what I mean. Just treat it like any other folder in FE - open the Dropbox folder and move the files back to where you want them.

dropbox.jpg

Might be worth checking whether your files have been moved from their original place to Dropbox (thus removing the original from its normal place of storage) or whether you have just copied files to Dropbox, with the original still where it was.
              Elaine

Comment

thanks very much Elaine I am useless at understanding this sort of thing I backed up all my files today just to be on the safe side before I mess with dropbox.

Comment

Working...
                X