Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Carr

Charlotte Carr

I have a birth for a Charlotte Carr in the Scottish Old Parish registers of Perth. Born to Duncan Carr and Catherine Brewster on August 9, 1820.

I am trying to determine if this is the same Charlotte Carr that married John Honey on Dec. 10, 1839 at St Martins Parish.

This marriage of Charlotte Carr and John Honey produced a Charlotte Honey born 1844 in Scotland.

Does anyone have ideas to confirm that the infant Charlotte Carr in 1920 is the same one that married John Honey in 1839?

Have you looked at the marriage cert in 1839? If so, doesn't it give the parents names?
    Chrissie

1839 - Perth - there was also a Charlotte Carr married a David Drew 14th dec
    Charlotte Carr married John Honey dec 10th
    just letting you know so as you don't mix the 2 Charlotte Carr up
    xx

Charlotte Carr
    mentioned in the record of David Drew and Charlotte Carr
    Name David Drew
    Spouse's Name Charlotte Carr
    Event Date 14 Dec 1839
    Event Place Errol,Perth,Scotland
    Marriage
    Last edited by garstonite; 27-04-16 at 09:01.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

The Charlotte Carr I'm following married John Honey. I haven't seen a marriage certificate for her, but I imagine the wedding would have been 1840ish.

I guess this means it's possible that the 1820-born Charlotte Carr I have is the one that married Drew instead of Honey?

In the 1841 census, Charlotte (Carr) Honey's age suggests she was born in 1820 or 1821, like the Charlotte in my original post.
    Last edited by TreeFlyingSquirrel; 27-04-16 at 09:13.

They also appear to have been registered the next day in Kinnoull Allan - 15th Dec 1839 - Charlotte Carr to David Drew - Kinnoull Perth 369/00 0030 0417
    Chrissie

The marriage cert is available on Scotlands People - 10/12/1839 CARR CHARLOTTE JOHN HONEY/ F ST MARTINS /PERTH 393/00 0030 0135
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 27-04-16 at 09:19.
    Chrissie

Oh, I see what you mean. I have just had a look at it and it doesn't give parents names.
    Chrissie

Quote Originally Posted by TreeFlyingSquirrel View Post
    The Charlotte Carr I'm following married John Honey. I haven't seen a marriage certificate for her, but I imagine the wedding would have been 1840ish.

I guess this means it's possible that the 1820-born Charlotte Carr I have is the one that married Drew instead of Honey?

In the 1841 census, Charlotte (Carr) Honey's age suggests she was born in 1820 or 1821, like the Charlotte in my original post.
    Don't forget though that on the 1841 census ages of adults were supposed to be rounded down to the nearest multiple of 5 so if Charlotte's age was shown as 20 she could have been anywhere between 20 and 24 and so perhaps born as early as 1816
    Judith passed away in October 2018

There is something really odd. There is only one birth showing for a Charlotte Carr between 1815 and 1822. In 1841 there is a Charlotte Carr living with David Drew - aged 20 born Perthshire -
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=1831208

AND a Charlette (probable mistranscription) Honey living with John Honey and baby Catherine aged 1 - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=1076
    Chrissie

Quote Originally Posted by TreeFlyingSquirrel View Post
    The Charlotte Carr I'm following married John Honey.
    The only way to find out the parents of this Charlotte is (as she married before 1855 in Scotland) to find her death record which should (unless you are unfortunate or she died before 1855) give the names of her father and mother. Do you have her death?