Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FindMyPast weekend

Just found this on the FMP website

"This weekend we are making billions of world records FREE to explore. From 12:00pm on Friday 22nd to 12:00pm on Monday 25th January 2016 dive into the newspaper archive, birth, marriage and death records, crime collections, and so much more."

See here http://www.findmypast.co.uk/freeweekend
    DGJay

"Please note, along with electoral roll records, the 1939 Register is not included in our Free Weekend event"

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

FMP Free this weekend

Not including 1939 Register or Electoral Roles. I expect they hope to get more subscribers when 1939 becomes available within the sub on 16th February

Linda
      Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 21-01-16, 08:07.

Comment

I am just waiting for when my Ancestry sub runs out in March. I would be somewhat cross if there wasn't a cheapie around that time.:D
        Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

The threads on the same subject have been merged.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

And if you already have a sub they will extend it by 3 days. Nice touch.
            People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
            Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Webwiz, do you need to contact them or will they extend subs automatically?
              :D Charney Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Charney Jo View Post
                Webwiz, do you need to contact them or will they extend subs automatically?
                It's automatic.
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Just spent all day looking at Suffolk Parish Records.

Tied loads of loose ends up.

Thanks for letting me know.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Please, pretty please, can anyone tell me the code to get the free month for £1 on FMP, which includes free access to 1939 registers from 16th Feb.

I have accidently deleted the email.

Cheers
                    Twiglet
                    Twiglet

Comment

There appears to be one on here Twiglet if you scroll down far enough -
                      Discount codes for genealogy record sites including ancestry.co.uk, findmypast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk, genesreunited.co.uk and family tree magazines.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie.
                        Just looked and couldn't find a code anywhere?
                        Twiglet

Comment

It's under the FMP section in pink.
                          Sorry, just clicked on it and it's no longer valid.
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 29-01-16, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by TwigletNumber5 View Post
                            Please, pretty please, can anyone tell me the code to get the free month for £1 on FMP, which includes free access to 1939 registers from 16th Feb.

Cheers
                            Twiglet
                            The access to the 1939 register is only going to be free for the 12 month subscribers.
                            Caroline
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Oops yes, sorry I had forgotten that :o

Comment

Cheers
                                Twiglet
                                This link still worked as of a couple of minutes ago - offer expires tomorrow. I'm not sure whether it would give you access to the 1939 register in Feb - you may have to have an annual sub for that. However, 1 month for £1 is an absolute bargain and you can always try searching the 1939 reg in Feb and see what happens...

Christine
                                Last edited by Karamazov; 29-01-16, 23:19.
                                Researching:
                                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                                  .... you can always try searching the 1939 reg in Feb and see what happens...
                                  Not much point trying since FMP have stated numerous times on their FB page that the 1939 Register will only be available as part of a 12 month package. This is the latest (from yesterday) in reply to a query about why they are waiting until February 16th to do it.:

Findmypast xxxxx We’re looking forward to the register being included too! The date was simply chosen to meet company needs, we do not have a specific reason to provide. The 1939 register will not be included as part of 1 Month subscriptions therefore it will still possible to purchase credits to view records."
                                  Caroline

Comment

Thankyou to all who replied to my plea.
                                    Apologies that I haven't been on here before now, I was called upon to look after my 2 lively toddler grandchildren and couldn't get on the web, and exhaustion took over when they went home at 7pm.
                                    I think I read the part wrong and it only includes the 12 month subs with access to 1939 registers, but looked to me as though it was included by the wording of it?

BUT anyway, I tried to subscribe for £1 and was just about to enter my card number when I spotted it had no security lock on the web address, SO warning bells rung and I didn't do it. Also there was no code actually in the email, it was subscribed to through the blue writing link within the email? Something I almost never do but did on this occasion. I came to the conclusion that it could have been a fishing email?

Twiglet.
                                    Last edited by TwigletNumber5; 31-01-16, 11:13.
                                    Twiglet

Comment

Thankyou to all who replied to my plea.
                                      Apologies that I haven't been on here before now, I was called upon to look after my 2 lively toddler grandchildren and couldn't get on the web, and exhaustion took over when they went home at 7pm.
                                      I think I read the part wrong and it only includes the 12 month subs with access to 1939 registers, but looked to me as though it was included by the wording of it?

BUT anyway, I tried to subscribe for £1 and was just about to enter my card number when I spotted it had no security lock on the web address, SO warning bells rung and I didn't do it. Also there was no code actually in the email, it was subscribed to through the blue writing link within the email? Something I almost never do but did on this occasion. I came to the conclusion that it could have been a fishing email?

Twiglet.
                                      Twiglet,
                                      If you use the link I posted in post 16, when you get to the page where you enter card details it is a secure https page.
                                      Researching:

Comment

Thankyou, I will remember that when there is next a bargain priced offer.
                                        Glad I didn't notice the lack of security padlock after I put in my card details though.
                                        Twiglet

Comment

Working...
                                        X