Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this Military Medal/Pin??

Hi all

In with my grandad's medals, I have found this pin and am not sure what it is, any ideas?
    Apologies for the poor image - it has the letters B****QUE I think along the bottom. I will try and get a better picture soon.

Thanks
    Amanda

military pin.jpg

Umm ... I think it might represent a grenade?
    Anne

Comment

How come, Anne?

Comment

I'm with Anne. I also think the word might be Ubique

If you do a Google search for grenade Ubique and then look at images you'll see loads that look similar

Scroll down on this page to the section called Grenade Badges and it explains the difference between 7 and 9 flames. Your picture isn't very clear but I think it has 7 flames

Jackie

Comment

Do you have any idea what regiment he may have been in? Could it have been one of the Fusiliers or Royal Regiment of Artillery and the Corps of Royal Engineers ? Their badges look very similar.

Could the word be Ubique? - This site may help? -
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-01-16, 22:48.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Snap Jackie I was so busy Googling that I replied before seeing your post

Comment

See this page, they are almost identical - http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/ubique-badge

Comment

Thank you! Grandad was in the Royal Field Artillery - I will check what regiment and get back to you.

Amanda

Comment

There is a website called the Great War Forum (or similar) online - they seem to know a lot about uniforms etc and I am pretty sure I have seen the full uniform on that site. If you cant find it, there is also the website Rootschat - they have a military section also. Sue

Comment

Flaming bomb, artillery. Which Unit? Unknown.

Comment

Working...
                    X