Any Ancestry & FMP subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ancestry & FMP subs?

My FMP sub expired a few days ago & it's been a couple of years since I had an Ancestry sub. Does anyone know of any deals at the moment?

Thanks
    Jay

Originally posted by JayG View Post
    My FMP sub expired a few days ago & it's been a couple of years since I had an Ancestry sub. Does anyone know of any deals at the moment?

Thanks
    There are some deals for Ancestry on Amazon.co.uk with the purchase of Family Tree Maker which of course is discontinued with no support from Jan 2017, worht a look though just for the sub.

Margaret

Comment

Google Genealogy discounts!

I have just subscribed to FMP for 50% off. I think it is only for new subscribers though. I have always used Ancestry but as far as I can see, no discounts. Last year I phoned them and got a good deal though. Try that if it is Ancestr you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
        Google Genealogy discounts!

I have just subscribed to FMP for 50% off. I think it is only for new subscribers though.
        I saw that one too, but the prices were in $ and the code was Irish. Did I do something wrong?

STG
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Discount codes for genealogy record sites including ancestry.co.uk, findmypast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk, genesreunited.co.uk and family tree magazines.

Comment

With the current exchange rate
            Subscribing to Ancestry via the Australian site is 20% cheaper than via the UK

Worldwide $299 (AUD) = £146 (GBP)
            UK Heritage Plus (UK, NZ and Australian records) $215 (AUD) = £105 (GBP)
            UK Heritage only (UK records only) $179 (AUD) = £87 (GBP)

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Ooh, £1 for a month's sub to BNA. Are they good? I assume it's just the newspaper stuff from the FMP sub, but I don't really want to pay for that atm. Does anyone know if they have UK newspapers that go up to the 60s? I'd like to find some obituaries.
              Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
              Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
              Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Thanks for all info folks. 50% off FMP will do me!

James i'm now sure BNA will have coverage for the 1960's (yet). You should be able to see from the website the dates, areas & papers covered.
                Jay

Comment

Just had this offer sent to me
                  Ancestry UK Premium for one year (ne subscribers only) 40% off which means £69.99 for a year
                  It ends 5th Jan.

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor, wonder if there's a similar offer for a worldwide sub.
                    Jay

Comment

I'd ring them up, acting as a prospective customer to see what they would do about 'matching' the Premium offer (% reduction) with worldwide
                      If you don't ask......... :o

Researching:

Comment

Please can you let me know if you do that? I'm interested to see if I can get a special ancestry deal (but am too chicken to phone!)
                        :D Charney Jo

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                          Ancestry UK Premium for one year (ne subscribers only) 40% off which means £69.99 for a year
                          It ends 5th Jan.

https://secure.ancestry.co.uk/subscr...rs2016_UK40off
                          Thank you for this, Trevor. I've just renewed my lapsed membership for the level and rate you quoted, which was £20 cheaper than the price they offered me for renewal at the lower grade of membership.
                          I don't understand their marketing policy of offering different prices for the same service to different "lapsed" members.

Jay
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                            It ends 5th Jan.

https://secure.ancestry.co.uk/subscr...rs2016_UK40off
                            Well, sorry to bump this thread, but if anyone's interested in this link... it still works. I tried it on a punt, expecting to be told the deal had expired or wasn't applicable to me (I'm not a new user, I'm upgrading from a six-month sub I got with FTM 2014) but I went through and tried it, and got an annual premium sub for £69.99.

The current price is £119.99, so if anyone is interested in an offer then I do suggest going for that, as obviously we have no idea when the next sizable discount will appear.

Comment

Haha! Well done James "shy bairns get nowt" or "if you don't ask you won't get".
                              Anne

Comment

Yeah, absolutely Anne. I thought a few of you good folks may be interested in a cheaper 'top-up' sub, so why not right?

Comment

I rang them when my worldwide was finished and they gave me 25% off which I am happy with.

Comment

The £69 subscription still works if you have an account and click on the link that James supplied

Researching:

Comment

I have had an email from Ancestry offering 20% off of World at £143.99. As I currently have monthly Premium at £13.99, this means I can get World at the equivalent of £2 a month less than I am currently paying.

The email says the discount only works from the email link which seems to be linked to my current subscription, but it may be worth phoning and asking; if they are offering it to me, the should offer it to everyone.
                                      Last edited by PeteW1959; 05-05-16, 08:13.
                                      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                                      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                                      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                                      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                                      Devine in Ireland

Comment

when mine was running out Pete I rang them and got world with 20% off, well worth a ring.

Comment

Working...
                                        X