Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy View Post
    Yes they are the same credits
    Great news. I've got enough to find what I am looking for ... I hope!
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
      According to one of the answers in the link to the FMP blog https://blog.findmypast.co.uk/announ...424355718.html You get 25% off a bundle as a subscriber AND 10% of a bundle as a newsletter signer upper as two separate transactions.

As they are going to be credits, I wonder if those credits that we might already have will work? I had some left over from the 1911 which were added to my FMP account and there were some freebie ones a year or two back as well.. I have only used them for non-UK stuff which Ancestry don't have, so they just sit there. I will let you all know on Monday.
      Ah, now that explains the two letters I received from FMP!! I did wonder why I got two letters, but only read one. I had just read the first one after my above post and was even more puzzled, but now it is beginning to make more sense, thank you.So we will get 35% discount and I have quite a few credits left as I never knew what to use them on as I had the World Sub so we can use them, brilliant.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
        So we will get 35% discount ....
        Not sure if the discounts can be combined.
        Elaine

Comment

No the discounts cannot be combined
          Cheers
          Guy
          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Maid View Post
            PhotoFamily
            Quote - "From that link:
            "Neither records for the Isle of Man nor the Channel Islands are included."

Does anyone know - were these areas included in the Register? If so, will the data be released in another way?" Unquote

Don't know the answer re the 1939 register but the Jersey Heritage website does have (among other records) copies of the Registration Cards for Jersey c1941/2 which are available to view/download with a subscription

Regards
            Thanks for that!

Comment

I understand, too, that there will be a charge for opening up a record when a death cert has been supplied
              The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
              Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

How to search the 1939 Register ...
                Elaine

Comment

So do we know how many credits will be required to obtain a 5 household bundle?

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                    So do we know how many credits will be required to obtain a 5 household bundle?

Janet
                    Yes - it's here: https://www.findmypast.co.uk/frequen...h-does-it-cost

1 household costs 60 credits
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Bird View Post
                      Just had email from FMP including:

"We want our 1939 Register early signups to be the first to hear our marvellous news, and today I’m delighted to let you know that on Monday 2nd November 2015, the 1939 Register will be made available online for the very first time, only on Findmypast.

Pricing
                      Records will be available to purchase for £6.95 per household or £24.95 for our 5 household bundle (£4.99 per household)."

I had the same email as Carol last night. I wonder if the different prices are to do with how/when we joined. I initially joined for the 1911 census
                      Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Dodds View Post
                        I had the same email as Carol last night. I wonder if the different prices are to do with how/when we joined. I initially joined for the 1911 census
                        The 10% is for those who signed up for news about the register - the 25% is for regular (annual?) subscribers.

I forgot to add the other "perk" as a subscriber - that is the subscription to Lives of WW1 which is also included. That is worth £50 on its own.
                        Caroline
                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I expect, in a few years, this will become available on a normal subscription, just like 1911 did. Hope so anyway!
                          I'm lucky in that I don't need this information and would only have been accessing it for interest and not vital research. I'll wait and hope I'm still here by then! (Along with the tantalising but ever out of reach promise of BMD certificate information at a 'non certificate' price.)
                          Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                            I expect, in a few years, this will become available on a normal subscription, just like 1911 did. Hope so anyway!
                            I'm lucky in that I don't need this information and would only have been accessing it for interest and not vital research. I'll wait and hope I'm still here by then! (Along with the tantalising but ever out of reach promise of BMD certificate information at a 'non certificate' price.)
                            Anne
                            That is still being worked on Baroness Scott has assured me the civil servants are working their way through the many considerations (eg financial, legal, technical, impact on local authority budgets etc.) involved to develop workable options.

It is just a case of keeping pressure on.

Cheers
                            Guy
                            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

LOL .... hope I live long enough for the civil servants to work their way through the many considerations!!

Anne

Comment

The 1939 Register sounds interesting, and especially as we're not getting any census for 1931 or 1941. I'd really like Irish and Scottish BMD data on Ancestry, too. Probably won't happen, though.

I'm tempted to pay the £6 to look at my great-grandfather's house, but aside from that I don't think I'll bother until it's all part of the main FMP sub. It's just too expensive -- however tempting it may be.
                                Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
                                Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
                                Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

So the discount codes can be used just once - did I read my emails correctly?

Comment

the way I read it you get 300 credits with the discount code.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                      the way I read it you get 300 credits with the discount code.
                                      .. which will cost you £22.46 if you have been offered a 10% discount - or £18.71 if you have been offered a 25% discount.

Originally posted by julite View Post
                                      So the discount codes can be used just once - did I read my emails correctly?
                                      Yes, discount codes can only be used once.
                                      Elaine

Comment

I have emailed them to ask if there is any way my remaining credits can be added to the new ones even if I only get part of them as I dont use them .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                          I have emailed them to ask if there is any way my remaining credits can be added to the new ones even if I only get part of them as I dont use them .
                                          Guy mentioned further up the thread that they are the same credits, so any existing ones can be used to view the new Register - 60 credits her household.
                                          Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                          X