Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverend Henry Edward Bird

Hi,

I am looking for information of the later years of Reverend Henry Edward Bird, namely where and when he died and perhaps also where he lived during the last few years of his life. It would also be useful to find out if he had any children.
    Henry Edward Bird was born on 8 February 1870 (Mildmay Park). His parents were Edward Daniel Pidding Bird and Alice Foxall.
    In the 1891 census he was an insurence clerk in London. In 1901 Clergyman Church of England in Edmonton. He remained a clergyman, as far as I know.
    I am writing a biography of his uncle, also H.E. Bird, a 19th century chess player. In 1950, the nephew contributed a, until the unknown, photo of his uncle to the writer of a chess book.

Kind regards,
    Hans

He died in October 1957. There are details of his probate here and you can download a copy of the will for £10 though that site

Jackie

Comment

Thanks,

Could you also find if there is a will by Alan Pryer?
      Thanks
      Hans

Comment

You can search yourself but you would have to browse through all Pryer entries unless you know roughly when he died. The searches are on 2 tabs for 1996 to present and 1858 to 1996

Ancestry has 4 possible deaths before 2007 (the date they hold records up till)

Alan born 1908 died 2000 Surrey Northern
        Alan Clifford b 1919 died 1982 Barking and Dagenham
        Alan Walter b 1923 died 2002 Uttlesford
        Alan Kenneth C b 1938 died August 2005 Brighton

You would also need to look for a year or two after the death because probate may have taken a while to obtain
        Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X