Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simeone, Volante, Inelli Family Tree Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi thanks for all your help.
    rosa was about 20-30 years younger than her husband and he moved across from Italy with his brother after his mother died because his step mum was not very nice to them. I think they came to Liverpool. Rosa and domenico had an arranged marriage and domenico could not speak any English.
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

I am going to send off for this marriage certificate and hopefully it will be the correct one! Thanks for all your help. It's very hard to find information as they lived in Italy.
      Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
        And Rose, born c 1892?

This young lady was born in Liverpool, according to census, so there should be a birth registration for obtaining a cert.

Jay

Just looking back through these threads. This census does look like the Rosa Inelli I am searching for as I recognise her sibling names - but the parents names don't seem to add up so maybe I am just confusing myself and looking in the wrong place! On this census Josephine is crossed out, why would she have been crossed out?
        Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
          https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWRR-FJ5 can you have a look here a census for 1911 similar name

Edna
          Sorry for my very slow replies I've been trying to work out my mums family tree, also! I have found him on a 1911 census with the spellings Domenic Simoni (obviously there were some spelling mistakes as I have been searching for Domenic Simeone) apparently he was a lodger at someones house when he was 30. I think he was 30 or just under when he moved here from Italy. Also he was a lot older than Rosa and they had an arranged marriage.
          Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

He seems to have been lodging with the GROSSI family (of Neapolitan heritage) in 1911. I mention that, in case there turns out to be some additional connection.

C
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by georgiasimeone View Post
              Just looking back through these threads. This census does look like the Rosa Inelli I am searching for as I recognise her sibling names - but the parents names don't seem to add up so maybe I am just confusing myself and looking in the wrong place! On this census Josephine is crossed out, why would she have been crossed out?
              One of the children had died by 1911 - could this have been Josephine? I have come across several instances of where parents listed ALL the children they'd had, but later, the names of deceased children were crossed through.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Yes she may have been deceased. I did not think of that. I am still stuck on where to search next because he was born in Italy it just confuses the situation. And I only have limited info from what I have heard from his nieces.
                Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

I am still searching for my great grandfather and I have came across a passenger list. I know for sure that he came to Liverpool but whether he went somewhere else first I don't know? Here is the passenger list. I'm not sure if it is him as the age does not seem to add up - however would he still be on the passenger list if he never got to the destination. What I mean is maybe he docked in Liverpool and then did not get back on the ship. I'm not sure I am just trying to think of as many solutions as possible because I am desperate for answers.

Name: Domenico Simeone
                  Event Type: Immigration
                  Event Date: 1950
                  Event Place: New York City, New York, United States
                  Birthplace: Italy
                  Ship Name: Conte Biancamano
                  Birth Year (Estimated): 1891
                  Affiliate Publication Title: Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, NY, 1897-1957 , Affiliate Publication Number: T715 , Affiliate Film Number: 7892 , GS Film number: 002297411 , Digital Folder Number:007256021 , Image Number: 01382
                  Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by georgiasimeone View Post
                    Thanks. Also i notice on your location it says merseyside. I was just wondering if you would have any information about Dom Volante who was born in 1905 and he was a professional boxer in Liverpool (i am not sure if he was born in Liverpool or Italy). He is a relation of my dad.
                    Hi, the Volante family were friends of my mum and are mentioned in a book I've just written. Dom Volante was indeed a well-known boxer in Liverpool and many of the descendants of this family are still living in Liverpool.

Wal'
                    We should never forget them,
                    Because we would not be here today, but for them.
                    We should be proud, reflect, respect and always remember them.
                    Because we all have them…
                    Them… were our Ancestors.

Comment

What is the book called? Sounds very interesting. Do you know of any of his family who are still alive?
                      Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

This is Wallaby's Book sold on Amazon now as an e book

Edna

Comment

Brilliant thanks. It looks very good I may have to buy it. As I'm searching for so many members of my family!
                          Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Have you tried looking for them on Facebook on Liverpool Forums, there are lots of them on there, here is the Liverpool Echo page https://www.facebook.com/theliverpoolecho maybe the Echo can help locate them for you

Edna

Comment

Just had a look on Facebook and there are severl people with Surname Volante so give it a go and make some contacts

Edna

Comment

Wallaby's book would be a good purchase for you for two reasons:

1) Background information about the Volante family and life in the area of Liverpool where they lived.

2) How to go about conducting a family history search which is NOT straightforward and easy sailing -it includes post 1911 census research, the importance of researching the whole extended family, with lots of explanations and advice along the way.

3)It's a very good read - see all the reviews on Amazon.

The site (for which Edna posted a link) had lots of information and photographs - have you considered contacting that site owner, who is, I believe, a family member? She too has written a book, so probably another good buy for you to consider. (Most of us on here would give our eye teeth to come across a book with ANY mention of a family member, however small.)

Jay
                                Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

The book does sound very good! Who is the owner of the site?

Just to clarify is it the website for the book I need to look at?

Thanks.
                                  Last edited by georgiasimeone; 28-07-15, 11:40.
                                  Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Wallaby is a forum member. No web site. Her book "The Daddy of all mysteries" is available from Amazon as an e-book.

Up thread, Edna (Clematised) gave you a link to a site about the Volante family in Little Italy Liverpool. I think the lady who did the site has also written a book, but I have not read it, so cannot comment upon it. Go into the site and browse; perhaps there is a link enabling you to contact her? if so tell her about your connection with the Volantes and see where that goes.

Jay
                                    Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Brilliant thank you. Will do that now.
                                      Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

http://liverpoolsitalianfamilies.wee...migration.html click on this link to view the site

http://www.liverpolitalia.co.uk/news.htm click on this link

Edna

Comment

Ok, so I am very stuck! I'm wondering if any of you can help me. I ordered my great grandparents marriage certificate, and thank fully it was the right one. I'm trying to find my great grandfathers parents. I know his name is Francis Simeone (on the marriage certificate it says Simeoni) but on the certificate he is deceased he was born, lived and died in Italy and his son Dominic/Dominico moved to Liverpool after his mum passed away. Anyway.. Cut a long story short what do I do with the information on the certificate now. How do I find more information about his dad. Is there a way I can access Italian records?
                                          Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Working...
                                          X