No announcement yet.

Help re Dempster please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know, I just put it on research, records and asked if anyone was going sometime. The national archives is where you can search for Military stuff isnt it,? Ive also asked if there is anything on him at Percy House Military Hospital in Isleworth as that was where he got sent.

Comment

Jean I have looked at admissions to military hospitals and Percy House Military hospital. They have some records online at Forces War Records for hospital admissions. Couldn't immediately see one for your William H but maybe they haven't got them all recorded yet.

You say that he joined a Manchester Regiment. Is that something you are trying to confirm or do you have some evidence for that.

I took a look at Elizabeth Annie. I note she married Samuel Anderson in 1892 in Liverpool. He was a Widower b 1852. She was 27.

There is a death for a Samuel Anderson in Walton on the Hill 10 Jun 1896 aged 46. If that is the correct Samuel, I wonder why she didn't marry Herbert F Dempster. Wonder if he was already married. Will take a look.

Vera

Comment

Yes, I have his discharge paper and I hope the medal cards I have from Ancestry are his.

Comment

You've probably seen this one but just in case. They will apparently do NA look ups.

Vera

Comment

Ok, thanks for that Vera, I will take a look.

Comment

Annswabey from here does national archives doesn't she. There is a military researcher called kevin asplin. I've used him a few times. He is good and reasonable prices.

Comment

thats the one Kyle I couldn't think of his name

Comment

If his service records aren't online,then they haven't survived. There's apparently no Medical file for him at TNA but then very few were retained so that's not surprising

Worth checking with Forces War Records whether records for that particular hospital are complete, but even if they are, don't know whether birthplace would be given

There's the Western Front Association who hold pension records, but, as I have been in touch with them recently, there's some doubt as to whether they would complete a search. At some stage they will be online, but don't know when. Again, the records they hold vary - birthplace might not be given, but hopefully date of birth might be

Why not ask Kevin Asplin - must say I'm disappointed, having done loads of work for people on the site, and most of it for free, that I'm glossed over
                  The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                  Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

you aren't glossed over as far as I'm concerned, I'm just useless at remembering names, I remember you helped me I was very grateful.

Comment

I think for the moment I will believe that he is the right person in my tree.

Many thanks for you all that looked for details on him for me.

Thanks
                      Jean

Comment

Working...
                      X